Looking for long term review of Fenix E40

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
Like the title says, any Long term reviews of Fenix E40? They have been out for a while, and was wondering how they have stood the test of time use?

It's on my short list to buy. I know there are stronger lights out there, but I really like the UI of the E40.

Thanks!!!!!

kj2

Flashaholic
I have this light. Have been using it, but mostly in the winter because the light doesn't get cold. Plastic is your friend in cold times :D
I like the light a lot, specially when I need a small thrower. I do wish it had just a bit more spill. Would be great if Fenix will continue with this light, and putting a XM-L2 in it.

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
I have this light. Have been using it, but mostly in the winter because the light doesn't get cold. Plastic is your friend in cold times :D
I like the light a lot, specially when I need a small thrower. I do wish it had just a bit more spill. Would be great if Fenix will continue with this light, and putting a XM-L2 in it.

Thank you!

Ezeriel

Enlightened
I love mine. It's deceptively bright.

Remember the 2C krypton/xenon lights of days past? On it's lowest setting it's very similar to one of those.

On high, it's on par with a 3D led maglite that has been focused to a tight beam.

I like dealing with 4AAs; they are easy to charge with any ol' walmart charger.
I like the plastic body; it's not cheap.
The light is a real thrower. Not the best for up-close stuff, or for walking in the woods, but
it's great for looking at stuff 100-300 feet away.

It's not the biggest or baddest light around, but I'd buy it again.

Lion of Zion

Newly Enlightened
I love mine. It's deceptively bright.

Remember the 2C krypton/xenon lights of days past? On it's lowest setting it's very similar to one of those.

On high, it's on par with a 3D led maglite that has been focused to a tight beam.

I like dealing with 4AAs; they are easy to charge with any ol' walmart charger.
I like the plastic body; it's not cheap.
The light is a real thrower. Not the best for up-close stuff, or for walking in the woods, but
it's great for looking at stuff 100-300 feet away.

It's not the biggest or baddest light around, but I'd buy it again.

Cool, thank you very much.

Torpedo

Newly Enlightened
I have only had mine about six months, but it is a great light. As noted above it is hard to believe it is only 220 lumens. No problems whatsoever.