Head Fire Power Chip LS Headlamp

Kiessling

Flashaholic
It is this one:
fa80a53a.jpg

The lamp is made by LedLenser and uses a 1W LS powered by 3xAAA in a battery pack at the back of your head. It uses the Fraen LP optix IMO or an optix with a similar tight beam.

The head can be tilted up and down in little "clicks" and holds tight the position. The switch is located at the bottom of the bezel (as opposed to the pic) and is a metal on/off clickie with no further options - no dimming, blinking, strobing etc.
The optix is unprotected and I find myself fumbling with that hole in the middle all the time ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

fa80a552.jpg

The battery pack is a plastic case with a rubber cover that is simply hold in plave by the carrying strap and should be splash ersistant at best. All that does not really matter though since the bezel is open to the forces of nature like no other light I have ever seen ... you can almost breath through the damned thing!

fa80a54e.jpg

Carrying the unit is convenient and not very heavy, all straps are adjustable of course. A carrying pouch for your belt is supplied as are the batteries, I bought mine on ebay for about 40 EUR.

It produces a tight beam with almost non-existant sidespill, as you might expect with a Fraen LP. The brightness of the hotspot is a little bit brighter as an Arc LSH-P, and the throw is quite acceptable for this class of light, should about 20m useable distance in real darkness.

fa80a547.jpg

Arc LS1rev2 (LD) - Headfire Power Chip

Overall:
A nice little stylish light that I would not buy for serious use, because ... not watertight ... not even splash resistant ... no dimming mode ... beam profile too narrow (subjective statement) ... too expensive for what it offers ... do yourself a favour and buy something else, or at least, if you buy it, do not blame me, I have told you ...

bernhard

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the warning about this light.

The hing mechanism is just about the strangest I've ever seen. Also, are those actually holes drilled into into the bezel?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Lux, yepp, these are holes there, they are present in all LedLenser lights as a design feature. but even without any holes it would never be weather tight ...
bernhard