E-Luminator Touch

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I know ya'll have been concerned that I haven't mentioned some cheap, unusual light in awhile. Well, fear not. Made a pilgrimage to Big Lots today and found the slickest book/e-reader light I've seen (not that I look real hard for them). It's called the E-Luminator Touch. Just a simple 1 AAA gooseneck? Yes, but it is a good bit more.

As the name implies it has a touch switch on the back of the head. A press/hold and it lights up. But, press again and it gets brighter. Again and brighter still. That's right, three levels. My guess would be something like 2, 5, and 10 lumens. Press again and it ramps quickly off. It's supposed to also have a one hour sleep timer. I should know if that works in a few minutes. The head and battery compartment swivels 90 degrees from the base/book clip for flatter packing.

The LED looks like a typical 5mm, so it's a bit blueish, but not bad. There's a lens of sorts over the LED to spread the beam enough to cover the pages in a square pattern. A quick test with a book looked like it would perform well, even at low power. I think it has potential for many other uses other than the intended. Best of all, it was only $2.50!! If it doesn't crap out on me tonight I'll be buying some more tomorrow.

Geoff

P.S. Sleep timer works! It blinked about five times and turned off after an hour.

Last edited:

Latest posts