Another newbie - You guys are beautiful!

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
And yet another tormented soul joins the damned:

About two months ago I was surfing on eBay (who, by the way, still refuses to admit the 'e' stands for 'evil') when I came across a listing for a flashlight for $175. "What is this? What kind of sick, demented, misguided fool would spend $175 for a flashlight?", I mused. (O.K. - at this point, how many of you already know how this story ends?) I was dumbfounded. But somehow, I was also intrigued. I started reading all I could about Surefire and Streamlight products. Was I hooked? Well, I wasn't about to spend $175 for a flashlight. But hey, look a this, I can get a Nitrolon G2 for $30, that shouldn't be too bad. "That should satisfy me." I said, "THAT SHOULD SATISFY ME." Well,
here I now stand before you, a broken man. But not quite broke, according to Visa USA. Good, there are still a lot more lights out there to buy, despite my having purchased seven lights in the last two months. Damn, these things are fun. "Flashlights - buy early and buy often."

But the best things in life are free. And among those I have to include CPF. This forum is incredible. I am very impressed with the depth of knowledge and willingness to share and guide others. I'm going to learn a lot here - thank you all!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
EvilLithiumMan,

After Surefire, comes the custom LED stuff! (You are doomed, or at least your wallet is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ) El kajohn- (I grew-up in La Mesa 40+ years ago.) Welcome to the board!

Larry

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, EvilLithiumMan ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BC

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
"You guys are beautiful" Hu? Hold on...let me look again in the mirror...nope... and have you seen our 2004 calander girl? I think you must have us confused with some other flashlight forum.

But welcome anyway! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
EvilLithiumMan,
Welcome to CPF!
That was a very good first post. I got a good chuckle out of it. You'll be buying lights ten at a time before you know it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Welcome ELM! ( I would have mispelled something; hence the abbreviation) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You are not alone in your interest! In fact, in the late 60's or early '70' John Lennon wrote a song initially titled "All you need is light" After being convinced by the rest of the band that he was *ahead* of his time, he changed the word to love. In a galaxy not too far away, this is a true story.....

- Don