Early stage flashaholism

wdshrd

Newly Enlightened
OK....My name is....and I must be a flashaholic. Started out innocent enough. Had the normal collection of AA Mags,a 2D Mag, a Pelikan Sabrelite and a Tekna Micro Lith that accumulated over the years. Then I stumbled onto this site and it wasn't long before I got an M3 (about a year or so ago) from AGR for $139 with a spares carrier and a few extra 123s. Was doing OK until Botach recently offered the G2 for $29. Then, after the OD G2 gets here I discover (on here, of course) that there is something called a G2Z. Lo and behold, Botach has them on sale for $49. Rolled the dice and ordered it, and it seems I have two flawless Botach transactions in a row. After poking around here some more, I find myself awaiting a shipment from AGR with: lanyard for G2, KR-1 NiCd conversion kit for G2, KL2-HA LED head for M3, and a Z48 tailcap for M3. Guess I'm gonna have to get a second job or else I need to go to a meeting. Seem to be in good company, though.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well welcome aboard (I think b/c it looks like you have been here about a year longer than me)?
grin.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm afraid this is the only "meeting" place there is, & it helps in the wrong direction. :>) TX

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome, Wdshrd, even though you have been a member alot longer than I have.

Non-flashaholics get a flashlight or 2, a lantern and/or a spotlight, AND as cheap as possible. They only replace the light(s) when they either no longer function, or the batteries have leaked in the light(s).

Flashaholism starts as a frustration with unreliable flashlights, where you buy another to try and find a reliable one. Things snowball rapidly from that point.

Then Flashaholics start rationalizing their next purchase by:

"I need this light for (state reason)."
or
"I collect flashlights."

Possibly other "reasons" exist.

Terminal Phase Flashaholism can be seen in the Obsessive and Compulsive need for the latest creations from Mr. Bulk and McGizmo.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

KnightStar

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Charles Bradshaw:
Terminal Phase Flashaholism can be seen in the Obsessive and Compulsive need for the latest creations from Mr. Bulk and McGizmo.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Let us not forget Lamba, ab, Jim Kollias, etc.

Steve <---only been here about 4 weeks and...
hook, line and sinker
blush.gif