Retaining rings

juevamann

Newly Enlightened
Good morning all. Am in the process of modifying some rather purple-white 9x5mm LED torches to a nicer bin of white i have here, and have managed to break the little silver retaining clip. I did manage to unscrew one successfully but not the other. From the vertical stripy damage to the threads on the torch, it looks like it was shoved straight down past the threads and relies on spring power to hold it in place, and my unscrewing of one was nothing but luck. The thread is exactly 1-inch and every other torch i have, even the cheapies, have a little aluminium screw in thing of their own size. I only have 18650 torch rings here and they don't fit. Where do I find something to use in the spring-thing's place? I have a good 6mm of depth to play with and can ream something out with a drill so i'm open to ideas of suitable hosts, things i can hacksaw for a suitable section, etc etc. Please help :D

jason 77

Enlightened
Good morning all. Am in the process of modifying some rather purple-white 9x5mm LED torches to a nicer bin of white i have here, and have managed to break the little silver retaining clip. I did manage to unscrew one successfully but not the other. From the vertical stripy damage to the threads on the torch, it looks like it was shoved straight down past the threads and relies on spring power to hold it in place, and my unscrewing of one was nothing but luck. The thread is exactly 1-inch and every other torch i have, even the cheapies, have a little aluminium screw in thing of their own size. I only have 18650 torch rings here and they don't fit. Where do I find something to use in the spring-thing's place? I have a good 6mm of depth to play with and can ream something out with a drill so i'm open to ideas of suitable hosts, things i can hacksaw for a suitable section, etc etc. Please help :D

Do you have some pictures you could post here to show what you are talking about?

Latest posts