Eagletac G25C2 MkII XM-L2 - goes straight to low mode

endoracing

Newly Enlightened
I bought an Eagletac G25C2 a month or so ago and it just started having problems. It now goes straight from the highest mode with the head tightened to the lowest mode as soon as you untighten it. Anyone ever have similar issues? It did this yesterday then started to work correctly and then now its back to not working right. One of the pins at the base of the head looks like it is sticking out less than the other one but I don't remember if that has always been that way or not.

Anyone have any ideas or have a similar issue? I sent a customer support thing and I'm waiting to hear back. I'm not thrilled about being with out my flashlight for a few weeks after only having it a few weeks.

kj2

Flashaholic
I bought an Eagletac G25C2 a month or so ago and it just started having problems. It now goes straight from the highest mode with the head tightened to the lowest mode as soon as you untighten it. Anyone ever have similar issues? It did this yesterday then started to work correctly and then now its back to not working right. One of the pins at the base of the head looks like it is sticking out less than the other one but I don't remember if that has always been that way or not.

Anyone have any ideas or have a similar issue? I sent a customer support thing and I'm waiting to hear back. I'm not thrilled about being with out my flashlight for a few weeks after only having it a few weeks.

I just received the GX25A3 and that one too have different length pins at the head. Think that's for the mode changing.
Are the threads clean?

endoracing

Newly Enlightened
Not tactical mode - its currently only has two modes, high and low. I can't even change to tactical because I cant go to mode 2 to do the 20 clicks. I cleaned the threads up a few times, nothing seemed to help.

bluemax_1

Enlightened
And now its working again. I love intermittent problems!

When you clean the threads, it's also a good idea to use some Deoxit Gold on the pins in the head. They're sprung, which is how the light switches modes as the head is tightened and loosened. If any of the pins get stuck in position, you lose modes.

This light, more than most, requires keeping up on the cleaning and lubrication to ensure proper smooth operation. A light oil on the threads seems to provide smoother operation than a grease. I've been using a combination of Deoxit Gold and Nano Oil. I place a micro drop of each in each thread after cleaning (micro drop meaning the drops are far too small to actually drip. More like a spot). I also use a tiny amount of Deoxit Gold on the pins and contacts.

Very smooth operation (smoother and easier than when I was using a grease), and the rare flicker that occasionally occurred when changing modes disappeared.

Max