CPF Chat

scuba

Enlightened
I was just wondering about that CPF Chat. I looks like one has to download and install something and I was just wondering if it's worth doing it. Is it any fun? Do you guys go? Interesting?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
my advise: stay out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

chat is a pretty crazy place, with really crazy people. if you think you can handle that, then come on in and enjoy the partay! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nope, nothing to install. just click, type in your name, and join the crazy fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Dont listen to Roth.
Well, you may want to stay out, if HE is in there.
Any IRC program will work,,,, after you configure it.
OR, you can use the JAVA chat, thats just a webpage, with nothing to download. But, its not very nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

PM me if you need any help.

Or, PM me on AIM name jtice Trotto

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
chat is a pretty crazy place, with really crazy people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Roth means that he can get pretty crazy in chat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chat is a great place. If you ever need help with something, you can look on chat and somebody there might be able to walk you through the steps. Chat is also great for just chatting about anything you like.

BTW: It's a very humorous place, so try not to take anything too literally. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
a little word of advice. joining CPF chat will force you to learn a new language: Rothesian, which is MUCH harder than learning a new language from scratch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
picking on you?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
we were just stating the truth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scuba,

You can probably get a good idea of chat by the look of this thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif There are however some people who I guess are to embarassed to post that they hang out in chat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol illy,
shall we list the names? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tomas

Banned
Possibly the most difficult part of chat is discerning which of several of Roth's alter-egos is in control at the moment ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(Hey, even a 57 year old stick-in-the-mud like me can enjoy chat. I need to install xchat on this new machine, though. *sigh*)

T_sig6.gif

LukeK

Enlightened
Come join the rest of us on the chat! (i.e. frothy/rosie/mr perversion himself, furry dan, ticey et al)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well jeesh, maybe we should change the title of this thread to "lets bash rothrandir"

really though, for any who have been thinking "hmm, maybe i'll try chat somtime", don't let these guys scare you away. it's a wonderful place, with many intellegent and fun people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
it's a wonderful place, with many intellegent and fun people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Like me! Er...umm...

/me :thwack: saaby

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also hangout in chat. As to the weirdest in chat: By his incomprehensible babbling shall Ye Know Him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (clue, it isn't me).

Sometimes there can be a bunch of people in there, and nobody is chatting, as we are doing other things. Other times, it is hard to get a word in edgewise.

Chat is alot like the Cafe here, only much weirder. hehehe

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Charles Bradshaw said:
I also hangout in chat. As to the weirdest in chat: By his incomprehensible babbling shall Ye Know Him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (clue, it isn't me)....

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, talk about a riddle! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a very good indication of what goes on it chat. I've been out of chat for a few days and actually miss it. I'll be back in as soon as I can get X-chat up and running on this machine. Like IllBiker said, just don't take anything too literally, especially anything roth or one of his 'personalities' says. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, come chat in CPF chat! I'm there, and that's entertainment by itself! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I haven't been up-to-date with CPF in a while, but the chat group keeps me up. I'll be in there most days.

//Dan