Looking for a new LED flashlight. What can you reccomend for me?

nevans90

Newly Enlightened
I am new to this forum. Well somewhat new I have browsed through it a couple of times. I decide to join because I notice most of you have a lot of knowledge in flashlights as to what others have in knives over at bladeforums.

Allow me to begin with my search. I am looking for a new LED flashlight. Something that offers 150+ Lumens, and it takes AA batteries. Must be waterproof as well. Price point I am looking for is $200-$250. A battery life of at least 3hrs on high beam. High or Low beam would be nice also. Must be reliable.

My first led flashlight I bought was a Streamlight 88033 Protac Flashlight. I bought 2. 1 for work and 1 for home. I noticed each one developed the same problem after a year and half of use. The light would either cut off, or flicker and I would have to smack it to get it work semi normal. A little disappointed on the end result of this flashlight.

So what do you all suggest?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fist off Nevans, ... :welcome:

Your thread will more then likely be moved to the (or better suited for the) "Recommend Me a Light For ... " Sub Forums here in CPF. Once there, check out the "Sticky" (on the top, or first post) "Flashlight Recommendation Checklist - Updated". Fill out this checklist will help the members to best assist you regarding their recommendations that would best suit your needs. How you're planning on using your new light makes a difference as well.

Good Luck, again Welcome to the madness, and don't forget. or better yet be aware that we don't have a 12 step program here, so be careful, be extremely careful, ... may be even going as far as locking your wallet in a safe which you don't have the combination to.

Only 47 ore post till breaking the 1K post mark! .... :tired:

:tinfoil:

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh btw, if it's crucial that the light be reliable. Carry at least two lights with you when doing what you're doing or situation you're in!

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac Gx25A3 or Nitecore EA4 are two excellent multiple AA cell lights that would suffice.

JCD

Enlightened
I am new to this forum. Well somewhat new I have browsed through it a couple of times. I decide to join because I notice most of you have a lot of knowledge in flashlights as to what others have in knives over at bladeforums.

Allow me to begin with my search. I am looking for a new LED flashlight. Something that offers 150+ Lumens, and it takes AA batteries. Must be waterproof as well. Price point I am looking for is $200-$250. A battery life of at least 3hrs on high beam. High or Low beam would be nice also. Must be reliable.

My first led flashlight I bought was a Streamlight 88033 Protac Flashlight. I bought 2. 1 for work and 1 for home. I noticed each one developed the same problem after a year and half of use. The light would either cut off, or flicker and I would have to smack it to get it work semi normal. A little disappointed on the end result of this flashlight.

So what do you all suggest?

I would suggest calling Streamlight's customer service, since Streamlights have an excellent warranty. They will most likely take good care of you. Streamlight makes great products, and they tend to stand behind them.