Fenix PD32UE production

Gotchrist

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any idea why the UE was a short-run production? Also, I talked to someone at Fenix today that said this year Fenix was supposed to release a PD35. I wonder if it will have specs close to that of the UE?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because it was a special edition. Fenix seem to release special edition models before discontinuing a model a coming up with a new one. They did exactly the same with the PD30: they released the special editions PD31 and then they launched the PD32 roughly a year later. That said their special edition do not seem to be shut short runs.

No details on the PD35 yet but searching the web I saw somewhere that is supposed to have an XM-L2. That doesn't mean there won't be an XP-G version and the light is probably still in development stage so anything could change. The PD32 eventually came out nearly a year after the PD31 had been released so I wouldn't expect the PD35 to be announced before end of the summer at the earliest.

I really hope Fenix come up with a new better UI and deliver and that they don't give up the compact PD32 form factor just for the sake of an extra 100 lumens as they did for the PD32 UA.

Gotchrist

Newly Enlightened
I do not have a PD32, only the UE (2 actually), but the form factor on it is nice. The regular 32 is a bit smaller, I know; but at least they didn't change the head diameter. The extra 1/2" isn't too much of a change, and I love mine. Thanks for the reply.

I did read and post in another thread that was speculating on the PD35. Judy told me it was supposed to be released this year, but that is all she said.