Voltage out of this driver

SteveoMiami

Newly Enlightened
What is the voltage out on this driver? on the package that it came in it says forward voltage 6-12V. I think its just talking about input voltage but on the site it says input voltage 5.5-15V http://www.lck-led.com/26mm-9000ma-driver-modes-sst90-p-863.html

Also, does the battery board on this driver do anything other than provide the voltage to the other board, I'd like to use a smaller battery board?

Last edited:

Genes

Newly Enlightened
1. This is a constant current driver, not constant voltage. Most of these drivers need a load on them to keep from self destructing. The voltage varies in order to maintain the desired current
2. Battery board? There are no batteries included with this driver, none.

SteveoMiami

Newly Enlightened
So if it is wired to an MTG2 it will feet the 6 volts that the MTG2 requires? The battery board is the board that the spring gets soldered to, the second board on this driver if you look at the pic.

SteveoMiami

Newly Enlightened
I could have sworn that I saw some tests with these LEDs taking 9A, now that I'm looking back that graph it just went up to 5.2A. I guess this driver is overkill. I'll have to wait for the other one I ordered to get here its constant current max 3.5A and Vout of 5.5-12.6V. Now that I think about it I think I ordered this 9 A driver for 3 XMLs