NANJG 105c with broken positive LED solder pad

maroast

Newly Enlightened
Hi there,
I have a NANJG 105 8x7135 that I added 4X7135 to for a triple Nichia 219 P60 project I'm working on. The problem is I had a wire soldered to the positive LED pad and it broke off, now the pad is missing from the board and I have nowhere to solder a new positive LED lead onto. I was manipulating the driver too much while trying to fit it into the custom heat sink, and that's how it snapped off. Is there another contact point I can solder a positive LED lead to? I really don't want to junk this driver (esp since I spent all that time soldering 4X7135s!). Thanks all.

miknoypinoy

Newly Enlightened
Ive never built/modded any lights, but have had similar situations while modding my guitar amps.

when I had a pad lift off the board on me, I had to scrape some of the green insulated coating off the board with an exacto knife to expose the copper trace. (making sure not to expose near by traces going anywhere else). with that, I was able to solder the wire to its proper path.

since I'm not too familiar with these flashlight boards yet , I'm not sure if it can be done.

hopefully others with more experience chime in.

good luck.

I'm not afraid . . . YOU WILL BE. . . YOU WILL BE. . .

Flucero28

Enlightened
Maroast, solder the positive lead to the top of the small black polarity protection diode and you will be good to go.