National Flashlight Day

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Get prepared, folks. According to a web site (holidayinsights.com) my son found, December 21 is National Flashlight Day. Do you suppose we should strap on all our lights and march about our neighborhoods? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Better get out my Positron Laser (5W cyan LS mod that was made for me about a year ago) and hit the bricks!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But shouldn't it be called "National Flashlight Night" instead?

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not too early.
If you have not bumped the thread I probably would have missed it.
-22°C wind chill. Winter storm warning. Good day to check on my flashlights.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
This is the banner I posted on my website this morning to honour National Flashlight Day:

nfd.gif

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
YAYYY..... National Flashlight Day!! I've been waiting for months...lol. I've watched that video many times since I first saw it last year. I even have my wife signing it (not that she wants to, it just gets stuck in her head... then she complains that it's my fault for playing the video). Oh well! :D

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I'm going to make it a special point to use more of my lights tomorrow night!!

I will be doing the same!

I will be honoring National Flashlight day tonight by using my Rally Advanced 3-in-1 Ultra Beam rechargeable 3 million candlepower spotlight, my Husky 2D 4 watt CREE, and my AmondoTech Titanium Mega Illuminator.:)

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
In preperation for my favorite holiday on Tuesday evening I ZTS tested loads of primary cells, charged up every one of my Li-ions, lubed some threads, checked O-rings, and played LEGO.

Everyone should kill a couple of primaries outside tonight in honor of the day! Even if it is going to be 12 degrees.

Wattnot

Enlightened
Okay . . . you guys are going to LOVE this.

My kids like to tease me from time to time, about . . . you know :crackup:

But I find THIS when I get home just now . . . it's a result of sending that "holiday insights" link to my wise ***, teenage daughter.

flashlightdaycake.jpg

I'm thinking of making it my avatar.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
epic cake :D

Definitely avatar it!

Bit gutted I missed this holiday... must pay more attention! Love the website though:

Did You Know? The flashlight was invented in 1898 by Joshua Lionel Cowen. However, this wasn't his greatest invention. He also invented the Lionel train.

I beg to differ ;)

Last edited: