Hotting up xml t6 x7

Sladeford

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys I need your advice before I proceed as I just bought a ultrafire 7x xml t6 torch and was pretty impressed but after a few tests and reading up on the globes found it only draw 2.25a but theoretically could do 21amps correct? I found a step up converter that's 12v to 24v@12amps and want to hardwire to my vehicle as a hunting spotlight. So can I go ahead and hook this directly to the globes bypassing the driver it should be 1.71amps@ 3.42v per globe correct?
Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on how the LEDs are wired. Are they in parallel or in series? They are almost certainly not wired up to accept 12v from that power supply. It's possible that the power supply will limit current at a slightly lower voltage. With the odd number of LEDs though, it sounds like it's either all in series (21v or so input) or all in parallel (3.5v input). Neither will work well with that power supply.

Sladeford

Newly Enlightened
There in series and the converter takes 12v in(so I can connect straight to car battery) and steps it up to constant 24v@12amps output

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
Before you go and spend all this money is spotlighting even legal in your area? It'd be a shame to spend a bunch of money on a nice spotlight just to get in trouble and have the LEO take it from you.