What is the brightest........?

UVLaser

Enlightened
What is the brightest>>>>>>>>>>
1)>>What is the brightest LED flash light that uses 1 LED?
2)>>What is the brightest LED's flash light that uses multiple LED's, Ranging form 2-5-8-20-60 etc?
3)>>What is the brightest Luxeon Star flash light, Ranging form 1Watt 1.5Watt 3Watt 5Watt? Including Barracuda / Prometheus.
4)>>What is the brightest Krypton flash light?
5)>>What is the brightest Xenon flash light?
6)>>What is the brightest Halogen flash light?
7)>>What is the brightest HID flash light?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif THANKS A LOT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the brightest HID has to be this monstor
116_1619%20(Custom).JPG

Reveiwed by CPF member Cones here : Megaray
" Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range "

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
In my opinion, the brightest HID is the MAXABEAM with 6 Million of Candlepower /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif
And I wanted one since long time ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

mporter

Newly Enlightened
The Megaray mentioned above has the following description of its strobe mode:
(from http://www.megaray.com/specs_frame.html)

"This mode is selected by switching the mode switch to the foremost position. In this mode the power supply circuit modulates the light to flash at 8 cycles per second (8 Hz) with the beam in high intensity. This mode is intended for house penetration operations and riotous conditions. When a very intense flashing light is directed at rioting people, it has a disorientating and blinding effect on them. They tend to loose their balance and cease whatever actions they were busy performing. This effect is however not permanent and cannot permanently injure people."

Are there any other tactical flashights that have this disorienting strobe mode? Does it work? What intensity of light does it require?

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
uvlaser your questions are truly flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The names that marketers have applied might get in the way of the accuracy of replies.
Perhaps, because Krypton and Xenon are both halogens, how about having #4 = #6, and #5 = #7? (even though I believe Surefire uses Xenon in their filament lamps.)

And you're getting messy answers here because "brightest" means max lumens to some, max throw to others.

According to max lumens and my (poor) memory, my understanding is...
4) Magcharger with WA01160 lamp.
6) SF 10x, but that's with both max lamps.
7) KumKang, but that's not including custom-mades.

For Megaray specs and Q's please see Kenshiro's amazing review, sticky'd over at the HID section.

I can't wait to see how the votes stack up on the LED questions. And how many say I'm FOS on 4,6,7.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif