pd35

markr6

Flashaholic
Nice! I rarely use the burst mode on my PD32UE, so I can't say I would prefer the PD35. But if the beam and tint are the same it would be a great light to pick up and have that extra power on hand. There's just no need to "upgrade" for me. Plus I had a hell of a time getting two torches to have a matching tint.

HIDblue

Enlightened
Wonder what the size difference, if any, will be?

950 Lumens coming out of PD32UE form factor...there goes another hit on my papal account...:broke:

markr6

Flashaholic
Hopefully they won't enlarge the head to help disapate heat. It doesn't sound like something Fenix would do on this type of light, but after getting my Olight M22 I realize how akward this can be and kills any chance of pocket-carry.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm up for a 35. I find the straight barrel design easy to carry and hope they keep it.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the reason to develop a new light instead of updating the PD32 UA is to create a light that can better handle the heat - the PD32 design dates back to the PD31 and was designed to handle 300 lumens. Getting rid of the head switch alone would probably already help in that respect.
I also hope they don't just improve heat-sinking and upgrade the led but also come up with a new more flexible UI.

Shelm, what about editing the title and adding "Fenix" to it? It would make the thread easier to find. :)

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would so love if they went back to tail switches only,

If I want to carry a light like a searchlight it's going to be the size of a searchlight!

Like my SR-90, lol...

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
what about editing the title and adding "Fenix" to it? It would make the thread easier to find.
imho not a good light, way too big, thick, bulky, long and heavy. i don't want to provide FREE advertising or FREE publicity for such a poorly engineered product, sorry ;)

Last edited:

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks!

I would so love if they went back to tail switches only,

Me too, I think if they went for some sort of dual tail switch with two states, would be the best solution. They would also have to make it possible to enable and disable the mode memory: it's a feature that come in very handy or be a pain depending on how you use the light.

Last edited:

LuxClark

Newly Enlightened
Well, I hope they keep the same basic form. Dual tail switch would make sense... but I have been tempted to get the pd32 ue because it seemed to be the next perfect fit for what I want at this point. Narrow, versatile, non-twisty, little floody, and 18650. I would be happy with the PD32, but since the UE is only $10 more... why not get it. That said, it too soon for me to afford another light which is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, if the release is scheduled for June the light must be in the final development stages: we should be getting more details soon.

gsteve

Enlightened
sighhhh ..... Im in !! But !! I hope they change the switch or have it light up. I dont like rolling in around trying to find it.

8kGoodEnuff

Newly Enlightened
sighhhh ..... Im in !! But !! I hope they change the switch or have it light up. I dont like rolling in around trying to find it.

Good point... having it light up would be great because you are right, finding the side switch can be a pain sometimes, however, I do like the side switch in general.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you try the the E35? It has the exact same side switch which works for on and off as well as for changing modes.

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really hope they ditch the side switch and go back to tail switch only. That side switch is exactly what prevented me from buying a PD32, PD32UE, and will a PD35 if it has it.

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenix pd35

I'm looking for a lower low mode on this new light. The 2 lumen low my PD31 has is awesome. I passed on the PD32 because the low was a little too high for me. 2 - 3 lumens is what I would like to see.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
i agree with you
Same here. As somebody eloquently described the side switch on the Fenix lights:
I'm really hoping that Fenix will get away from this whole side switch mess. Ugh. It's a solution looking for a problem.

In fairness, they'll never make everybody happy with the UI but could easily come up with a more customizable UI that suits most needs. All they'd really need to do is:
1. Re-introduce two states.
2. Keep ALL brightness levels with the bezel loosened - and not just High, Med, and Low like on the older Fenix LD10/20 PD20/30/31.
3. Keep Turbo (or Burst) on the bezel tightened.
4. Allow enabling/disabling of mode memory.
5. Keep flashing modes hidden as they are already doing.

This way, if you like the current UI, all you'd have to do is loosen the bezel and enable the mode memory and you'd have the same UI the LD12/22 PD22/32 have now.

If you liked the old LD10/LD20 UI, all you'd need to do is disable the mode memory (Low coming on as default with the bezel loosened) and you be able to determine how the light comes on, with Turbo or Burst being the default with the bezel tightened and low with the bezel loosened.
You'd basically have two possible UIs in one light!

Also, unless you tend to use the same brightness level all the time, I find the last-used mode memory not being very useful. The only mode memory that makes sense to me is one that would allow you to set the brightness level of your choice coming on as default when you switch the light on.

... and I almost forgot: move the mode switch to the tailcap for one-hand operation!

Last edited:

Latest posts