ThruNite Ti2 Problem

JNieporte

Enlightened
Yup, another ThruNite Ti problem thread. Mine is the Ti2 in blue, the XP-G2, 3 lumen low, 81 lumen high version. The light wouldn't go into low mode after only one use. I logged on here to diagnose the problem. "Just pull the small metal tab up a little" was the common fix. So I get the head off and... there is no tab. It's already been broken off. I sent an E-mail to ThruNite's customer service, and they're out of blue Ti2s. I can wait until they come back in stock, or get another color as a replacement. I chose black (I hate gold, and their red looks like pink). No idea how long it will take to get here. No idea what problem it might have. I haven't had one of these lights before, but right now I'm a little irritated that one use (it worked just fine when trying it out) is the light's limit.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate the Thrunite Ti flashlights. I had 3 of the original go out on low mode. I am happier that I paid more for a L3 Illumination L10 that has been reliable.
I use to like Thrunite, but no longer want to buy.

kj2

Flashaholic
Have the first Ti first. Mine will not go in to low, have only high mode. I'm quite disappointed in Thrunite lately.

Racer

Enlightened
I have a Ti2 and a handful of the originals, including the original Firefly version which I still take on road trips. They've all been good, except that my 1st gen Firefly head was a little wobbly and someone here suggested teflon tape. As far as Thrunite goes, it was my Neutron 1C that gave me some grief and had to be replaced twice. But the Ti's have been champs for me.

P.S. the L10 with the Nichia 219 is sure nice, too. It doesn't have the 2 stage switch, though, so I don't see the comparison.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Yup, another ThruNite Ti problem thread. Mine is the Ti2 in blue, the XP-G2, 3 lumen low, 81 lumen high version. The light wouldn't go into low mode after only one use. I logged on here to diagnose the problem. "Just pull the small metal tab up a little" was the common fix. So I get the head off and... there is no tab. It's already been broken off. I sent an E-mail to ThruNite's customer service, and they're out of blue Ti2s. I can wait until they come back in stock, or get another color as a replacement. I chose black (I hate gold, and their red looks like pink). No idea how long it will take to get here. No idea what problem it might have. I haven't had one of these lights before, but right now I'm a little irritated that one use (it worked just fine when trying it out) is the light's limit.

IDK, one light with an issue doesn't mean NONE of them work. :D

Considering how many thousands of those suckers are now in use, including my pocket as I type, I'm sure that even a small percentage failure rate will result in a few people with a problem, just like any other light....its just the statistics.

Otherwise - Its like saying you had a Titanium or other brand of cell, and it blew up....so none of that brand's cells are OK, etc.

:D

ltsba

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I have a Ti2 and 5 Ti, they work well, sorry to hear about your problem, but I don't know why the low mode of your flashlight don't work, there is a method, I think it can solve your problem, first, you can unscrew the head, in the head, there is a copper sheet, you just need pull out the copper sheet a little,I think you can fix it yourself, good luck for you

Dubois

Enlightened

Considering how many thousands of those suckers are now in use, including my pocket as I type, I'm sure that even a small percentage failure rate will result in a few people with a problem, just like any other light....its just the statistics.

Otherwise - Its like saying you had a Titanium or other brand of cell, and it blew up....so none of that brand's cells are OK, etc.

:D

Good point. I've given away about a dozen Ti's, and the only feedback I get from non-flashaholics is "it's great".

Racer

Enlightened
Good point. I've given away about a dozen Ti's, and the only feedback I get from non-flashaholics is "it's great".

I've given a few out as gifts as well, and have received only positive feedback. The only issue has been "did you know you can twist the light and make it brighter once it comes on?" One of my geek friends was raving about how awesome it was, and he had only ever seen the 3 lumen low on it! He was blown away once he saw the high mode. So now if I give one away to someone I can't demo the light for in person, I make sure to tell them how to work it. Same for other multi-mode lights.

JNieporte

Enlightened

Otherwise - Its like saying you had a Titanium or other brand of cell, and it blew up....so none of that brand's cells are OK, etc.:D

I'm pretty sure the one I got was a lemon.
Re: Me having a Titanium-branded battery blowing up. Well, just...