Hidden strobe/SOS modes in Illumina Ti CA1

kennyj

Enlightened
After longing to own a nice titanium keychain light again, I stumbled upon a sale at Battery Junction and got the Titanium version of the Titanium Innovations Illumina Ti CA1 XP-G2. While playing around with it, I stumbled on a hidden strobe feature! It took a while to figure out EXACTLY how I was doing it, and since I couldn't find any additional information anywhere, I figured I may as well post my findings here.

The normal controls are as such:
1 - Low
2 - Medium
3 - High

And that's it. The marketing materials for this light even highlight the lack of a Fenix-style strobe/SOS as a feature... which I found to be interesting, because while I thought the accidental strobe WAS annoying, it was occasionally fun to bust out as a gag every so often (it also sounded like an interesting feature for emergency visibility.) It's even more interesting in light of the fact that these features exist, but are implemented in such a way that you'll never hit them by mistake.

The full list of controls:

1 - Low
2 - Medium
3 - High
4 - Low
5 - Medium
6 - High
7 - Strobe
8 - SOS
9 - Steady Flash
10 - Test/Demo (flashes High-Medium-Low then pauses unlit for a second.)

So, if you accidentally go past High, you won't see it do anything else in 99% of cases... but if you're like me and you monkey around with things like an idiot, you can find interesting and theoretically useful stuff!