Funny Flashlight Stories

Hmmm

Newly Enlightened
I just thought this would be a good place to post and start a thread of funny stories you have had.

Today I had something funny happen to me. I like flahlights alot and I go out and test ones I make fairly often, but I am very careful to not aim at people's houses most of the time.

Today I was busily studying for my Calculus BC AP test tomorrow I have bright and early at 7:30AM, when I notice an annoying glare out of the corner of my eyes. The obnoxious neighbor child next door was shining his light in my room. I could have been more grownup and mature, but I could not leave that challenge unacknowledged, so I responded in full force. He declared war.

I've been building several flashlights recently and collecting leds to test so let me describe "full force"

5xXML-T6 Easywhite leds overdriven at 1.2 amps-> roughly 5000 lumens
1xRyobi HID Spotlight->2200 lumens
3xPhatlight PT54 driven at 13amps running at a 10hz strobe: 3500 lumens
3xXML2-U2 driven at 5 amps-> 4000 lumens
4xXML-U2 driven at 3 amps-> 3600 lumens
10xXML2-U2 driven at 3 amps-> 10000 lumens

While many people hear could outdo this, I gained an unhealthy amount of joy from my little spectacle. I went back to my studying. I heard him yell "DAAAADDD!!!!" and in short order his light was out of his window.

Edit: Alittle clarification
I'm 17, he is 15 so the age difference isn't that great.

Last edited:

Swede74

Enlightened
I could have been more grownup and mature, but I could not leave that challenge unacknowledged, so I responded in full force. [...]
I'm 17, he is 15 so the age difference isn't that great.

I'm 38, and if I had had a 35-year-old neighbour, I would have loved to get engaged in a similar challenge.

Hmmm

Newly Enlightened
I did not see those, I was just is such a lighter mood after this I had to share it. I was worrying for the AP test but after taking it today, wow it was a joke. Should this thread be deleted?

Norm

Retired Administrator
I did not see those, I was just is such a lighter mood after this I had to share it. I was worrying for the AP test but after taking it today, wow it was a joke. Should this thread be deleted?

Not really just pointing to an older thread you may want to read.

Norm

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Not really just pointing to an older thread you may want to read.

Norm

As long as we're on older threads, somewhere in my signature are more stories. It's been a long time since I've last updated it, but there you go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hmmm

Newly Enlightened
HAHA. I love it. I was just reading through one of the stories and it reminded me of a similiar incident I had in my physics class earlier this year. We were doing a lab about optics and the lights were out. One of my lab partners recently was given a small bikelight by his dad. Probably had a 18650 cell in it and it had a cree XML, outputting around 300-400 lumens if I remember correctly. He was shining it in my eyes and disrupting the class. I had just finished my 2500 lumen, over driven, 2* Cree XML2 U2 bikelight the day before and it was still in my backpack. Needless to say, when I turned it on, his eyes got wide. I just shined it on the wall but it was "too bright", like that could ever be true.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a good one whilst attending a friend's paranormal investigation event he was hosting.

Friend: "Oh good, you found the light-switch!"

Me: "Nope!" (Roar of the Pelican in ceiling bounce mode)

Now I always get asked if I am bringing 'The Sun' with me every time. The funny thing is, the ROP is not all that bright compared to some of the monster XM-L2 lights these days.