Need help IDing a flashlight holster from Pandorum

Art Andrews

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone. First time posting here, but not my first time posting to a site of fans dedicated to a particular subject. I can usually be found on sites dedicated to movie props and costumes and believe it or not, that is what led me here, to ask for your help as my question can likely only be answered by flashaholics like you.

I am trying to identify the flashlight holster seen on duty belts of the crew members in the movie Pandorum. I would love to know the actual flashlight they used as well, but the lights are so hard to see in the film and so non-descript that I think it would be all but impossible to ID. However, I do have a very good photo of the flashlight holster.

Below is one of the original holsters used in the film. It is possible that this holster was modified to look/function like this because I haven't been able to find an exact match anywhere. The closest I have been able to find is this holster as posted by your very own, ernsanada, which is what led me to this site!

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?167598-Cree-XLamp-XR-E-LED

Thanks for putting up with a newb. Any help in IDing this holster would be greatly appreciated as this search has been driving me insane!

flashlight-pouch.jpg

Last edited:

GotDogs

Newly Enlightened
It looks very very much like a FENIX Holster. My P1D came with that same looking holster the only difference is mine has a sewn on FENIX tag. Otherwise looks just like that one, including the notch at the top of the plastic loop.

Art Andrews

Newly Enlightened
It looks very very much like a FENIX Holster. My P1D came with that same looking holster the only difference is mine has a sewn on FENIX tag. Otherwise looks just like that one, including the notch at the top of the plastic loop.

Wow! It does look like the P1D holster! Does your P1D holster have the velcro strap on the back to wrap around a belt? I saw one photo of a P1D holster online but it had no belt strap. Of course, that piece could have been added by the production.

GotDogs

Newly Enlightened
Negative, just a belt loop. I should have looked at your pic. closer as I see what you are talking about now. Sorry about the goose chase.

Art Andrews

Newly Enlightened
No goose chase at all! In looking at your recommendation and going back to the movie, I now think that it is most likely that the holster is the Fenix P2D and that is also the light used! Trying to verify now. Thank you very much for the assist!

Negative, just a belt loop. I should have looked at your pic. closer as I see what you are talking about now. Sorry about the goose chase.

Art Andrews

Newly Enlightened
Now that GotDogs has set me on the right path, I am really thinking the flashlight is a Fenix P2D although there appear to be some discrepancies Take a look at this comparison and see what you think. Obviously, the guy in the movie has it in some type of clamp which is obscuring a bit of the shaft of the light, but for the most part I think it looks pretty good. Let me know what you think.

pandorum-flashlight-vs-fenix-p2d.jpg