Olight S10 W/ RCR123 Question - Low mode?

sticktodrum

Enlightened
Hello gents. I don't post much...but I did my best to search for this and clearly came up dry. I'm curious if this is a thing or just an issue on my sample. I have the S10, and on primaries it works just fine. However with any RCR123 I've used (AW protected, AW IMR, Nitecore 16340) the low mode does something odd.

The low mode is barely brighter than the moonlight mode. When I go into moonlight mode, and then cycle into the low mode, it flickers initially to what appears to be what regular low mode is, but then is kicks down to a brightness that is barely brighter than moonlight. This only happens with the RCR123, not the primaries, so I figured it made have something to do with how the circuit is handling the voltage.

Is this something anyone else has experienced, or can replicate? Or is this a defect in my sample? Any help would be appreciated.

CrazyHighVoltage

Newly Enlightened
Hello gents. I don't post much...but I did my best to search for this and clearly came up dry. I'm curious if this is a thing or just an issue on my sample. I have the S10, and on primaries it works just fine. However with any RCR123 I've used (AW protected, AW IMR, Nitecore 16340) the low mode does something odd.

The low mode is barely brighter than the moonlight mode. When I go into moonlight mode, and then cycle into the low mode, it flickers initially to what appears to be what regular low mode is, but then is kicks down to a brightness that is barely brighter than moonlight. This only happens with the RCR123, not the primaries, so I figured it made have something to do with how the circuit is handling the voltage.

Is this something anyone else has experienced, or can replicate? Or is this a defect in my sample? Any help would be appreciated.

hi sticktodrum

the gap between low and moonlight just isnt that big on this light as the gap between low and med on an rcr
but if there realy isnt any diference u might want to try a diferent baterry thats fresh of the charger.
and if that doesnt fix its broken

sticktodrum

Enlightened
Thanks. I know the levels are pretty close between moonlight and low, but these are too close. I actually tried another S10 from a friend and it does seem that mine is faulty. So, a replacement is on its way and it'll be sorted out.