Where can I get a good checkbook?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so my bank's checkbook affiliate has the cheesiest designs and they're all pretty atrocious so far as style goes. That being said, where do y'all order your checkbooks in the USA?

I really just want something that's patriotic, preferably an Arlington National Cemetery style or similar. A lot like this, but except this one it'd be way hard to see black ink. :(

anyone know of a legitimate store that has good designs for American style checks?

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
My suggestion is to never write a check - ever. I learned the hard way how easy it is for someone to take one of your checks, and use the information on it to forge a much larger check. Even though the person that wrote the forged version was caught, we still had to go through the time consuming process of closing / opening a new account, switching all of the direct pay, etc.

We have switched to other methods:
- cash
- credit card
- debit card
- having the bank issue the check from their account rather than ours
- wire transfers
- Post office money orders
- electronic direct pay from the bank account

I am not saying that these methods are perfect, but what they do offer is at least slightly more protection than a paper check with ALL of the information needed to scam you.

Everyone is different, but what I teach my kids, if an item is under $ 100, pay cash if possible. If it is a bigger bill, use an indirect method. We have also reduced the number of firms, both brick and morter, as well as on-line, where we will use a credit card.

If your son has paypal, have him setup a separate bank account just for dealing with paypal, because they can (and have) tied up peoples entire bank account over trivial matters, even when they are wrong.

Last edited:

melty

Newly Enlightened
I really just want something that's patriotic, preferably an Arlington National Cemetery style or similar. A lot like this, but except this one it'd be way hard to see black ink. :(

FYI, there's a note on the page you linked, directly beneath the check images:

"Images are enhanced for your viewing.
It will not be as bright when printed to meet banking regulations."

Those checks will be just fine. There's no way you could purchase checks that actually look like those sample images.

Latest posts