xp-g2 to xp-e2 swap

alohasurftoad

Enlightened
sorry to start a thread for this but it is difficult to get the specific answer i need through searching. anyway, i have an eagletac custom D25LC2 which has an xp-g2 with a 2.0 amp circuit used for their xm-l lights. i am considering swapping it out to an xp-e2 for a beam with more throw. will the xp-e2 fry or be able to handle 2.0 amps? the emitter is relatively cheap but i'd rather not waste any time if it is likely to fry. thanks.

alohasurftoad

Enlightened
thanks. i have seen the manufacturers specs but i know that you can drive them harder than what's listed. vinhnguyen54 has done this, however on copper pcb's and different heatsinking. i may just pm him directly and ask his opinion. thx, though.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a vinhnguyen built X10 that drives an XP-G2 past 4a with no problem at all even during extended running (this little light will peg better than 51k lux@1m!, btw). I am confident that if done right, 2a should be no problem for an XP-E2.

alohasurftoad

Enlightened
ok... i'll think about this and research a bit more before proceeding. it appears xp-e2 mounted to a copper pcb may be the trick. thanks for the replies.