Super Light Preview

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a preview of a very nice flashlight - the Super Light

t2.jpg

This flashlight combines some of the best features into a single flashlight. Small, compact, yet blindingly bright. Also, I really like the cooling fins machined into the head.

t1.jpg

A look at the business end reveals a very deep reflector with a smooth orange peel surface.

t4.jpg

Shown next to a Pelican M6 you can see this isn't very big, and it can do something the Pelican can't:

t5.jpg

It can stand on end for candle mode. This light was machined by Chris at TNC, and anodized in splash blue/black finish. Chris does some exceptional quality work as shown here; not a flaw anywhere, and smooth tight threads.

Did I mention that this flashlight is also water proof to 100ft?

Peformance wise, this particular BIN X Luxeon prototype whips up on a 9 Volt direct drive BIN V 5W Luxeon in a 2D Mag host.

t7.jpg

Powering the 5W Luxeon are 2 CR123s driving a 700ma constant current converter from Dat2Zip, so it's very well regulated with reliable rock solid output.

t6.jpg

This is one light you don't want to point at your eyes under any circumstances.

t8.jpg

You can see that not only does the reflector make a super bright spot, it also provides some very bright side spill.

This flashlight was put together by ArcMania for me. I didn't have to lift a finger on this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This flashlight draws together some real CPF talent, and would not be possible without everyone's combined skills. CPF is a great place!!

This is just a quick preview of the future, and it looks real bright to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

More to come...........

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LED mods As Small As Possible said:
What can I say---PayPal sent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Very nice indeed! Where did the host come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

No host for this one, it was custom machined by TnC Custom Products from scratch. The battery tube side walls are over 1/8" thick for a very strong light. Makes a Mag look like it's made out of tin foil.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
No price set on this yet, still a couple improvents to be incorporated. One will be a clickie tail switch that retains the ability to be stood up in candle mode. The first batch will be HA finished, with future options for the splash anodize if the demand is there.

So, at this time, this flashlight is priceless (bad humor).

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm so this is a possible production configuration? keen.
Flat Clickie switch hmm. interesting. Good to see beamshots of this reflector. Looks like a very nice setup!

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about 3 cells (even 4 cells) on DB1000? It seems like no one making such a mod especially on good bin 5W.

I'll definitely take 2 for DB1000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alan

alexgian

Newly Enlightened
I already own a HL-V from Chris at TNC and if the Superlight will be regulated, with a klickie and HA you can count me in... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alex

BrightLight

Newly Enlightened
Why 700 mA? (Because that's what was easily available?)

How much brighter would it be with higher current? Some of us might fine the battery life tradeoff worthwhile.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for showing us the magic of Arcmania and TNC here Lamdba /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif. Seems like the only way to go on throw nowadays is uping the reflector size. TNC is on a good thing here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose I need something like this for when I want a bright light, but don't want to bust out the MR-X (which is often very serious overkill, but fun ). Count me in (providing I can come up with the funds).

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the design lends itself to swapping battery configurations easily. Even the top battery retainer is splash anodized, Chris doesn't miss a detail.

t10.jpg

Many variations planned, but this thread is your chance to voice what options you'd like to see... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about regulated with a "Charlie mode" type boost button? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
DOOD! Nice light! I have a (single) X4T HD lookin' fer a home!

What reflector is that anyway? Custom machined by Chris?