List lights that have all modes other than high hidden

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
I'd like to get a list together of flashlights that have all modes other than their highest setting hidden/locked out. In other words when you push the button it turns on in high (or "turbo", whatever that flashlights brightest mode is called) and back off on the next button push. All other modes must be hidden. I don't care how you access them, it can be either a series of button pushes, or a twist of the head or a push and hold of the button.

As a lifelong ASE heavy equipment master mechanic this is the way my brother prefers all of his lights to operate, that or single mode only. I've came to really like the UI too. I can see it useful from a tactical POV as well.

If you have or know of a light that operates in such a fashion post it up please, I will edit this first post to include a final list of all the suggestions so its simple to read and can be a resource for anyone looking.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
All Malkoff lights (except the new MDC and the upcoming 3-mode M361) all come on high and turn on/off/momentary by the switch. With the Hi/Lo models, the Lo mode is hidden access with a head twist.
Same with Elzetta lights, except their Hi/Lo switch uses a tailcap twist instead of a head twist. .

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark Tactical and Turbos are all programmable 2-modes (of 8), but both can be set to high. Actually, most clicky UIs can go direct to high (usually on tight bezels)... it's what you do after that accesses the other modes.

Dubois

Enlightened
Of the lights I own:

Niwalker NWK550N3
Thrunite TN10, TN11
Shiningbeam Caveman
ZL SC600 (after a fashion)

Actually, too many to mention:)

GunnarGG

Enlightened
EagleTac P20C2, T20C2 and others.
ArmyTek I as I understand it.
Some older Fenix models and maybe the newer ones with mode memory depending on how you think of it.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix TK11, TK12, TK30 - the last 2 have been discontinued. Then the dark age of the side switch and imposed mode memory began... let's hope the PD35 will bring the light again!

Sent from my ST27i using Tapatalk 2