Torch "UltraFire" 12xT6 13800 Lumen

87GiovanniF87

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, as the title suggests I have a flashlight Ultrafire 12 led cree xm-l. Comes with 3 batteries 26650 or 18650.

If each led cree xm-l needs to 3,35 v and 3Ah for maximum efficiency -> 12 LED, for maximum efficiency, and 36Ah need v. 40.2, but with the use of batteries I have recommended 18650 maximum 11,1 v and 15 Ah!

I made ​​a connection with 9 cells 4000mah 18650 3.7 v and for the total of each and 33v 36Ah. The torch operating at maximum power, but after a while the batteries heat up excessively.

Can you kindly advise me to solve my problem? Thank you very much in advance.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
To solve your problem, please disconnect everything and put it away for now. Learn something before you do something. Li-ion cells can be dangerous, especially cheap *** ones.

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, pls do a bit of research about things before trying anything.
First, there should be a driver that will restrict the voltage and/or current input. By doing what you did, you most likely will damage something somewhere. The manufacturer probably did not plan to run this flashlight at maximum capability.
Second, there isn't a 4000mAh 18650 battery in the market at the moment. The highest IIRC, is only 3400. So yeah, you probably got a fake on hand.
Lastly, pls don't try that 9 cell series setup again before you injure yourself or the ppl around you.

- JonK

Last edited:

konig

Newly Enlightened
First, current is measured in amps(A) not in Ah.
If you connect batteries in series you add upp the voltage, but the Ah is the same.
If all LEDs are in series, 3A is max current and the voltage is number of led x forward voltage of each LED.
And you have no idea of how the driver in the torch is made, maybe it has an max input voltage of 3 Li-ion in series.