Zebralight SC52 pocket clip much too tight?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am finding the pocket clip on my Zebralight SC52 much too tight to clip onto most of my jeans. :(

Have other owners found this too tight or do most owners like the really tight clip?

It is a great little pocket rocket apart from that IMHO. :thumbsup:

CHEERS

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own two, and both clips were too tight. I bent both out a little (carefully.) Both times I went a little too far (the clip was too loose.) So, I unscrewed the clip & bent them both back in a bit then screwed them back on. Again, both were too tight, so again I bent them out just a little. On the second try with each of them I got em at the right tension without being too loose. Try it. I'd say both of my sc52 were pocket shreaders straight out of the box, but are just about right after making this adjustment.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own two, and both clips were too tight. I bent both out a little (carefully.) Both times I went a little too far (the clip was too loose.) So, I unscrewed the clip & bent them both back in a bit then screwed them back on. Again, both were too tight, so again I bent them out just a little. On the second try with each of them I got em at the right tension without being too loose. Try it. I'd say both of my sc52 were pocket shreaders straight out of the box, but are just about right after making this adjustment.

Good to hear it is not just me being too fussy or it was just a figment of my imagination.

Well, I mean it is not good that you or others have the same problem.

You know what I mean.

Most pocket clips that I have are too flimsy and now I have one that I need a crowbar to open the clip up to avoid shredding my jeans to pieces.

One extreme to another it seems.

I will try bending the clip just a bit until I get it right.

Too many times of bending it back and forth would be a sure way to break it.

When I try fitting the SC52 into any of my other unused holsters tail end down the clip gets in the way.

When I take the clip off to let it slide more easily the jagged edges where the clip sits on top off the body is a problem as well when placing the light tail end down.

Can't win it seems unless the light is fitted in a holster that is a lot bigger diameter than what it really should need.

I don't want to make a mess of this nice little light by filing or grinding the jagged body area off.

I think I will leave the SC52 in the phone pocket of my leather man-bag that goes everywhere with me and keep using my Olight i3S, OSTS modded Thrunite T10, Lambda "NANO" keylight and a simple keychain light on the black pendant that hangs around my neck every day as I have done for quite a while.

It just works for me!!!

CHEERS

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Mine was definitely super tight. Like you needed both hands to get it out of the pocket, no joke. The flipside is that it was never going to accidentally be pulled out of your pocket and dropped on the ground. My Quark QTA had that happen to me this weekend. I was lifting up our son's stroller and something snagged on the clip and tossed the light onto the cement, which is soul crushing if you're like me and want to keep your stuff in the nicest condition possible. Had a similar experience with a knife a few years back.

kamote-fries

Newly Enlightened
You can change it to a titanium clip. I'm just not sure where to get one though.

I personally prefer the stock clip because a light this small can drop out of the pocket without noticing it.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the tension on mine. I attach the light to the outside of my pocket for fast access, and I haven't had any issues with it falling off, unlike the SC600Mk II, which I have dropped 6 times, and almost lost once, after only 2 weeks of regular use. The screwed in clip, and the tension are both appropriate in my experience. I just wish Zebralight had kept the same design for the bigger brother.

sticktodrum

Enlightened
I agree. I wish they had gone with a screw-on clip for the SC600 MkII. I have two SC52s, and it was battling the Olight S10 for my EDC light spot. The SC52 kind of just won me over. Both the SC52 and S10 have pretty robust clips, and I find that on my two samples it's not so much the clip tension as the head shape that causes some snagging on a pocket.

I keep my light in my jeans change pocket usually, and it never falls out. The snag right at the top seam can be easily overcome with a little angle and a twist. The clips themselves aren't really hard to move, I'd say they're about a medium strength (as if that actually means much...). Not as stiff as my S10's clip, but not flimsy at all. I appreciate it.

bjt3833

Newly Enlightened
Mine wasn't too tight for anything I've tried it on so far but I haven't worn jeans in years. Almost entirely wear 5.11 now.