JFK cover up?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The History channel has been running shows about JFK for several days now. I never really thought there could be a coverup but after seeing the Digital enhanced amateur film I have a differant opinion. To me it looks clearly like the fatal head shot came from the front rather than the back. I wish the government would take a strong second look at the old conclusions...maybe exume the body and take a look using more modern techniques. Well...maybe not...guess there would be nothing to be gained at this point...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
To be honest, I feel that too much time, money and resources have been spent on the investigation already. Not to sound cold or evil, but if this was anyone else the case would have been put to final rest years ago. Stop spending my tax dollars on this.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is, at least, one conspiracy that has been uncovered in the JFK investigation:

Washington Post: How Moscow Undermined the Warren Commission

[ QUOTE ]
These early efforts to implicate the CIA met with little apparent success. But the KGB kept on trying and finally hit the jackpot once a relatively unknown New Orleans district attorney named Jim Garrison took a sudden interest in the assassination in late 1966. The word "dupe" has long been out of favor, but that's precisely what Garrison turned out to be after he arrested Clay Shaw in March 1967 and charged him with conspiring to assassinate Kennedy. Owing to a clever piece of KGB disinformation planted in a Communist-owned Italian newspaper, Garrison came to believe that in Shaw he had apprehended an important "CIA operative." And on the basis of this deception (again, revealed by KGB archivist Mitrokhin), Garrison constructed an entire conspiracy edifice, ultimately arguing that the CIA had plotted the assassination-coup d'etat in concert with the military-industrial complex -- again, because Kennedy was allegedly easing up in the Cold War.

[/ QUOTE ]

The WaPo is not exactly a right wing publication.

-Bill

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Speaking as somebody who actually has walked along Dealy Plaza and visited the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas, I'm more convinced than ever that Oswald acted alone as a lone gunman. When you look out one of the windows by the "sniper nest" it is just obvious how perfect the the positioning is for shooting a moving target is right there. Not saying there wasn't some lucky shooting going on, but 2 hits in three rapid shots is very possible for a trained marksman. And the Marine Corps is a very good place to learn marksmanship with a rifle. The reason the place is such a good place to shoot from is that the car is moving downhill almost straight away from the sniper nest and it is only just starting to accelerate after making a very sharp left turn (about a 60 degree turn). The sight picture would be much more stable than the footage you see on TV indicates.

As for the motion JFK's head makes from the final shot, there truly are no hard rules on how a head moves when shot. When I look at the film, I see the body instantly stiffen and tense up straight at the instant that massive brain trauma is introduced (please forgive the graphic analogy) similar to a chicken having it's head chopped off.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's ONLY after everyone that was involved has died that we ever get told the truth about anything. Find the last couple of people involved and sometime after they die some more paper work will get released through someones long ignored freedom of information act request.

I'm not suggesting that there is anything more to hide, but we never learn anything until all the important people involved in it are dead.

As far as our tax dollars, I'm not aware that the government has done anything official regarding the whole affair since the warren commission report, which probably cost less than Kostner's movie did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The benefit would be much greater than just historical interest, because IF there was anything to find out, the interests involved are still clearly involved with the current power structure.

And that is why, we won't learn anything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kennedy conspiracy theory used to be a bit of a hobby...

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think (correct me if I am wrong) that Marksman is the lowest rifle proficiency rating in the Marine Corps, Oswald supposedly barely got that. Point being, he wasn't anything special when it comes to shooting. From the film footage, JFK was clearly shot from the front as well as from behind. Pictures of the "magic" bullet look like a brand new slug, not one that bounced around different body parts.

I feel that even if you throw out 80% of the conspiracy stuff, you still have 20% left. That's enough to raise my eyebrow and make me think that the "numbers" just don't add up. It's obvious that the initial invesigation immediately following the shooting was handled poorly.

It's also obvious that the Warren Commission didn't get it right and that's according to the 1978 investigation. However, the 1978 investigation doesn't appear to have gotten it right either. The 1978 investigation and the Warren Commission were both messed up and they conflict with each other.

I just wish that my government would allow a totally indpendent criminal murder investigation with the information they still have. Get it done and over with, good or bad. But, because I believe (my opinion) that JFK's death is not so cut and dried, there will never be an honest one. I do feel there are things to hide and will be hidden for a good long time until everyone connected with it has passed away.

Mike

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
There were so many VERY odd things about this assasination, and it's aftermath. So many things just "do not compute".

I have read just about everything written about it several times, seen the Zapruder film and a couple of others (up to about 12 years ago when I lost interest), I always have to be skeptical of the Oswald "Lone Gunman" theory because of one practical, non-political thing.

The sticking point for me has always been the rifle that Oswald supposedly used. No serious shooter would select a surplus Carcano to do it. While the 6.5mm Carcano cartridge is moderately accurate at moderate range, the rifle itself is a piece of junk... I wouldn't even use one use one for "plinking".

Even if Oswald acted completely on his own, had no money for a good, accurized firearm and had to just buy a cheap one by mail order, he could have gotten a Mauser, a Springfield or several other GOOD, accurate weapons for about the same price or even less, and easier to find ammunition for them.

The Carcano just isn't a choice for a serious shooter, and I can't imagine anything more serious than shooting the Predident of the USA.

Nope, I'm going to continue to wear my tinfoil cap on this conspiracy ... Too bad I'm not likely to be around when they do actually unseal the real records.

And _Mike_ , I don't know about the Marine Corps... Their standards are probably higher, but in my day, in the Army, you got a Marksman medal for knowing which end the bullet came out of.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Silviron,

My father was a Marine during the Korean war. He indicated that it was about the same as your experience in the Army as far as the Marksman thing is concerned.

I'm with you on this whole thing, just too many "things" not making sense.

Tinfoil hat all the way, get yours here ....
http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

Mike

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cover up? Are you kidding? The slimeball chief justice of the supreme court sealed the records for 100 years. Or was it 50 years?

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are due to be opened in 2028, although if ANYONE directly involved (whatever that means??) the release will be delayed until three years after their death.