Retailer Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrunner192

Newly Enlightened
I don't really have any clue as to what you are planning with your retailing once you go to the B&M plan, but I had a somewhat good chain that could get you tons of customers and bring lots of exposure to ARC. Three simple words:Bass Pro Shops. They are one of the most highly visited places in the country as far as camping/hunting is concerned and tend to sell only high quality products. In addition, from what I saw online, the LS would serve a good addition and fill the place between the Streamlights they sell and the higher end Surefires. Just a suggestion, but I'd like to see what you thought about this idea Peter.
Jeff

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would second that,its a natural tie-in. Ours sells the Photon II which I realize got me reinterested in lights, particularly LEDs (it was pointed out as high tech)I have been buying from Bass Pro for? that can't be right! Twenty years? 1983-2003 hmmm

Bill.H

Enlightened
I'll go along with that idea, and add the LL Bean store in Freeport, Maine. That place is huge and is packed all summer long. Pretty busy in the winter, too, but not as bad as the summer. We don't get as many tourists in the winter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just realized... that's a B&M store, but they also sell via catalog and internet, how's Peter going to handle B&Ms like that? Does Bass Pro do the same?

Interesting trivia: LL Bean has no locks on the doors. They are open 24x7x365. The only time they ever closed was for the funerals of JFK and LL Bean himself (they hired security guards for those occasions).

d_clark

Newly Enlightened
Would be nice, but Cabela's, Bass Pro both have websites. Don't know if they could be convinced to carry the product in the B&M and not in the catalog. Bass Pro's catalog has more items then the stores carry.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Bill.H said:
I'll go along with that idea, and add the LL Bean store in Freeport, Maine. That place is huge and is packed all summer long. Pretty busy in the winter, too, but not as bad as the summer. We don't get as many tourists in the winter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I just realized... that's a B&M store, but they also sell via catalog and internet, how's Peter going to handle B&Ms like that? Does Bass Pro do the same?

Interesting trivia: LL Bean has no locks on the doors. They are open 24x7x365. The only time they ever closed was for the funerals of JFK and LL Bean himself (they hired security guards for those occasions).

[/ QUOTE ]
they're open 24/7? wow.
i hate driving thru Freeport.. i always fear i'm going to run over a pedestrian, since they pay *no* attention to vehicle traffic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

jrunner192

Newly Enlightened
I really think that they would be wanting to display something like the LS in the store since it would be a good intermediate light between the lowerend streamlights and the higher end surefires. Plus it would amaze the customers at how small it is. They'd just have to find some way to show the customer how bright the light is I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.