Lights you gave away for any reason

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't want to keep Xeno E03 or Fenix E01 in my collection and also kept only 1 Klarus. I sold these out of dissatisfaction but i enjoy buying other keychain flashlights as gifts. How about you?
Lights you gave away for any reason, by intention. Could be nice gift :huh:, good riddance :nana:, forum giveaway :cool:, profit sale lovecpf, insanity :ohgeez:, a. o. you name it.

Please share which lights, thanks!

WilsonCQB1911

Enlightened
Gave away my Fenix E11 to my grandmother-in-law because she liked it.

Gave to my dad a Surefire A2L with red secondaries (I have another with white secondaries), a SC52 (he was just getting into rechargeables and didn't have a 14500 light), and a EagleTac D25C Ti. I liked all those lights and may get another SC52 at some point, but he's my dad.

persco

Enlightened
I've given away two Maratac AA stainless lights and a Lumapower Incendio VRU to friends who needed good lights.

And I recently sold lights for the first time:

McGizmo Sundrop XRU XML (I loved the light but never reached for it when I needed one, so it took over a year to make the decision but finally let it go),

V10R Ti (my wife never bonded with it and prefers a twisty),

Ti 38 DD after I bought a new Quantum DD Ti,

Muyshondt Aeon (HA III) after I bought the new Ti Aeon MKII.

Tyler A

Newly Enlightened
Gave my brother a surefire e1b and e2d as gifts, gave several g2s and g2xpros as gifts over the years and I have gotten my dad a ton of lights; surefire l4 (i think that's the correct model) g2xpro, m3, e2d and a x300. Just got my girlfriend a maratac AA and AAA rev2.

N_N_R

Enlightened
I gave my mom my almost brand new Fenix E05 as I was dissatisfied with the runtime.

I've also sold two Maglites because of them being useless for me; tank007.. aaa clicky, because of its blue and tight hotspot and runtime; a Sunwayman R01A (or sth, don't remember the model, the older keychain size aaa ones) because.... it didn't feel tough enough.

Last edited:

sticktodrum

Enlightened
I gave a couple of Olight i3s's to the cooperating teachers I was observing for my grad school classes, and ended up giving a Fousevens Mini MA to my wife's student who was the assistant director for her high school musical. I loaned her the light to run the audio, and she really had fun playing with the light around the theater. I told her she could just hang on to it and gave her the packaging for it as well.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
Maybe ten years ago or so my niece was on the brink of throwing a fit in the reception area of a funeral home... I reached into my coat, turned on my MiniMag and said "oooooooh.... look!" and handed it to her. She was mesmerized. Uncle Eddie and Maglite save the day! :)

Other than that, I have given away maybe half a dozen. I few Icons, a Four Sevens, and a couple Surefires. The good thing about CR123 lights is that it makes them easier to retain, since most people do not know where to get the batteries. Hahaha!

Ishango

Enlightened
I gave my girlfriend several lights (she only likes them small). I gave her a Fenix E05, Fenix E01, eGear Pico and a Thrunite Ti. She also has a crappy old 9 LED light which is so dim, she can use it to read at night while I'm asleep, usually when she's sick or something.

I gave both my parents a Fenix E11, which both of them really like. The UI is simple enough for them to use it often. My mom carries it in her purse, my father carries it in his coat pocket. My mom also got some of my early experiments with budget lights (some Romisen, Tank007, etc, which have all died except for a not so bad Aldi light).

I gave my cousin an Olight T10. He is a LEO, but isn't equipped with a light, except for an old MagCharger stored in the van/office. He wanted a light on his duty belt, so I gave him one of my good lights (which also has a decent UI).

I gave a Fenix E01 to my 8 yo nephew for his birthday. Now practically two years later he still often carries it around (I see it on birthdays and such).

I gave away a Maglite XL100 to a good friend and a Maglite 2AA LED (second model) to a friend when I wanted them out of my collection. I also gave away a few on another forum in a section for people less fortunate money-wise. Those included a Romisen RC-G2 (upgraded by ShiningBeam) and a LED Lenser P3.

Richsvt

Newly Enlightened
Gave away a couple of 47s Quark Pro QPAs to some host families that supported my son when in Germany last year, gave away Quark Mini MA to a friend who needed a small light for his car and finally, just recently, gave my brother-in-law and ZL SC52 for letting us stay with them for a couple days while in San Francisco...all were astounded by the light's capabilitities. Was nice to pass along some quality lights to people who would never consider spending more than a dollar for a flashlight.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My girlfriend took a liking to my Surefire E1B. I sure miss her. I mean the E1b ;)

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I've given away many lights before as gifts, including a couple of AAA maratacs as thanks to my friends and a bunch of AAA Olights to my family as Christmas gifts. This past Christmas, I gave my brother-in-law a JetBeam PA40.

More recently, I visited my barber and noticed he had one of those rubberized 2xC lights sitting on a counter so I asked him why it was there and he said, 'I just like flashlights' and that he constantly looks at lights in the local electronic / hardware stores and shopping malls. :thumbsup: So, I gave him a JetBeam PA20 to give him a hint of the kind of lights that are available. Fortunately for him (and his wallet) perhaps, he hasn't been exposed to CPF or the greater flashlight world... yet. ;)

BobDeLaLuz

Newly Enlightened
Gave away all my MagLights because my LED lights just made them look puny. :oops: Then gave those folks LED upgrades because I felt guilty. Then I gave them Fenix P1Ds because that is what I gave my wide and they got jealous. Then I got tired of spending so much and started giving away Romisen RC-N3 CREE XR-E Q5 LED Flashlight and now every one is happy. Except me. I want 800 OTF lumens in a light the size of my Fenix P1D. :eek:

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave alot of Solarforce L2P with DIY dropins, catered for their own needs, to alot of my relatives.

Dad: XML 3A - Just for the fun of it
FIL: XRE 1.5A - LEO that needs something for good throw
BIL: XPG 1.5A - Fishing enthusist
Close pal: XML 3.5A (with multimode, heavily potted & lots of solder filling) - Armed forces personnel

In return, I get to sell some of my other lights when they come asking for more because their friends are impressed by the amount of light these small flashlights can throw out. :devil:

bkb

Newly Enlightened
I gave my wife my two old Coast lights shortly after discovering this forum and finding out there's a lot better lights out there. I thought they were awesome when I first bought them, but after buying a few Quality lights ( ZL sc600, Eagletac D25A, Illumination L10 nichia ) I realize now that they're pretty lame and the beam pattern on them is terrible, especially the focusable one. My wife still thinks they're awesome though.

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
I know it probably seems like an extreme lack of creativity but I'm often in a place... Perhaps twice a week, I need to give someone a gift and 90% of the time I go with a flashlight.

I don't mind giving used flash lights but I hate giving junk... It can reflect pretty bad on the giver when your 100X stronger than their mag light breaks the first week! (Don't give xeno cubes!)

However none of the non flashaholics care that the Xml T5 light you gave them driven at 2 amps has been trumped by a 3 amp XML2 version. Those can be the best selfish gifts paving the way for a personal upgrade.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Rawk

Newly Enlightened
As a gift, i like those AAA keychain flashlights, my whole family got a Thrunite Ti on their keys.

From my collection, there were only two Nitecore that i sold at very low prices to good friends.
Nitecore D11.2 - Terrible tint compared to my D10 Tribute, i didn't use it for more than a minute. I like the idea of a hidden strobe mode, but its activation was way to slow for me.
Nitecore D10 SP - Terrible interface compared to my D10 Tribute, but used it for ~6 months. Sold it to a friend that got interested in AA-sized flashlights when i received my Quark AA body.