how 2 doit & not b blasted - LED Accelerator

Peter_Lowrie

Newly Enlightened
I am a virgin in this forum, this being post numero uno.

Over the last year i've been working on an invention for making LED's more useful and it's fully developed. I would like to tell the whole wide world about it, obviously. However I also seek to avoid contravening rules and so it is on this premise I'd like to ask for your input b4 i go ahead and tell you-all where the link is...

You see it's for sale and some may construe it as a commercial advertisement. That I am not in the business of selling inventions and that there is another special medical pleading behind my decision to sell it, i'd like to tell you that I need to get a lung transplant (both of them) to cure these chronic pulmonary obstructions, fibrosis' and pneumothorax.

I don't relish the thought of being told off so how should i approach this? As you can see i post by my real name.

Thank you for your indulgence
Peter Lowrie

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Peter and welcome!

I think you'll find that your website has already been mentioned here. It met with some interest, a good dose of skepticism and even a little bit of hostility. We're all familiar with overdriving LED's but I don't think anybody got a really clear picture from your site of what you're trying to do.

I don't think you qualify as a dealer, so I'll make an initial judgment that you don't have to worry about buying add space or anything like that. I may be overruled at any moment however.

If you're going to post new ideas here then you have to be ready to be "blasted" at least a little bit. It's a pretty open sharing of ideas around here. If you're interested in snagging a major manufacturer to purchase your invention then this may be a good place to start. Many of the smaller manufacturers are active members here and the larger ones do at least lurk even if they don't participate. But you should be warned that it's not all warm and fuzzy, there are some less scrupulous people lurking as well. Others have even recently had their products cloned and mass produced in Asia. If you really think you have something new and patentable then i recommend you find yourself a good intellectual property lawyer here in the states that can represent you, protect your interests and shop your idea around to the interested players.

But there is no way you can post it here without weathering some pointed questions. We're not going to be happy with vague descriptions. If you want to represent it here we're going to want to know how it works or people are going to be unhappy.

I wish you good luck and success!