Copper Host Parts!

donn_

Flashaholic
I'm really liking the new move to copper host parts for lego flashlights.

So far, my favorites are the version 2 FiveMega body, the M2 head by Ronac, and the tail by FiveMega.

Things I'd like to see:

A 2x 18500 or even 2x 18650. With the M2 head, this would be a perfect host for a really hot drop-in, like Vinh's direct drive MT-G2 items.

A simpler and shorter tailcap. The current crop are way too long for a 3P or 6P body. They need to be shortened. Look at Aleph and Surefire models for inspiration.

The traditionalist in me would like to see common knurling on both body and tailcap, with a smooth head.

I'd love to see a D36 head, for bigger reflectors.

Weight doesn't bother me, as these lights aren't EDCs. I'd buy a copper M*G-like 2D or 2C, with a standard sized or even 3" head.

Last edited:

Z-Tab

Enlightened
I've been picking up the pieces as they've been offered in the Custom B/S/T. They're incredible, but so heavy. I like the heft, but it definitely reduces the likelihood that I'm gonna take mine out on a hike in the woods. I'm looking forward to Ronac's CF/Cu body, because that might be a bit lighter (and the picture he posted looks terrific).

I think a solid copper E-series size host would be awesome. One in the style of the Fivemega SS 18650 body with the flared tail would be perfect, but it would need a E-to-C adapter or a matching P60 bezel to go with it.

franzdom

Enlightened
This came today and is my first build :eek:

_MG_3369.jpg

_MG_3370.jpg

_MG_3372.jpg

_MG_3373.jpg

I used the nailbender 4500k Nichia 219 with 5 levels moon-high.
It runs up to 1.4A and used 2.8-6V. Right now I have 2 123's in it but will switch to an 18650 probably tomorrow.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Overready's triad in copper would be pretty nice too

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question - as this might give some idea to the general topic ...

copper is not this perfect as outside material, how about brass?
almost (?) similar what concerns electrical and thermal capabilities but does net stain
:thinking: