First LED light

Tom_Dunn

Newly Enlightened
Well, kicking around these forums for a couple days convinced me I needed to investigate this LED light business. My first "modern" light, past a couplof Mag's was a PrincetonTec Blast Xenon and I just love that little light. But all the talk here of the LED sent me back to the PT dealer. I'm lucky in that athough I live in a very rural area, one of the few stores is a camping/canoeing joint and they carry the PrincetonTec line. Right up the street!
Bottom line is I left with a PT Attitude #LED/4AAA. Interesting little item reminds me of a "pointable fluoresent" kind of! Looking foward to working with it in the coming months. How will the LED light hold up for use in the cold?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tom, I too, have a PT Attitude. Great light. I haven't used it out in the cold yet, but I would assume it would do well. The weak point would definitely be the batteries, since there are no lithium AAA's that I know of. They would definitely do much better in the cold than alkalines.
And for you to have the line of Princeton Tec lights right up the street, wow, how lucky. Try the PT Eclipse, and the Pulsar line of lights. Princeton Tec makes quality lights in my opinion. You started out with a really good choice. And oh, by the way, welcome!

Steelwolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
As Big Ed said, your greatest problem in cold weather is the cells. Lithium chemistries seem to do better than alkalines in the cold, but you have no option with AAA cells. You are just going to have to keep the light warm in an inside pocket until you are ready to use it.