What is your favorite flashlight of 2013?

miket458

Newly Enlightened
Out of your collection of flashlights what is the light that you will grab without thinking when you hear a noise in the backyard or if you need to light up a dark place?

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
+1 on the Eagletac SX25L2 I think its the most interesting light for 2013 so far, don't have one yet so my grab in the middle of the night light is still a Quark XML, or Jetbeam PA40.

Sularetal

Newly Enlightened
Peak El Capitan Ultra X. Mine is brass, made in USA, and unbelievably bright for something so small. Infinitely variable beam too, so I can look under the couch for my misplaced phone or light up my backyard, as dim or bright as I need it to be :thumbsup:

Ishango

Enlightened
For me it's two questions. My favourite light that came out in 2013 is my Sunwayman V11R Mirage. Not only a great light, but looks good too. Overall my current favourite is my PD32UE (got it in the last days of 2012).

The light I'll grab when I hear something depends. I usually rotate my EDC frequently so all my lights get their usage. Usually on my nightstand is my EDC light for that day/week and my rechargeable XGlow R1. Otherwise I have my Olight M30 close by and grab that as it's one of my brightest throwers (the PD32UE being quite floody).

jaycyu

Enlightened
The coppers of 2013.

Copper 6P body from FiveMega
Copper Cryos Bezel from ronac
Copper Fatter Tail from JasonH

Copper Quad from VanIsle (though it's made in 2012)

kj2

Flashaholic
Hard to tell at this moment, but for now I have to say: 1: Fenix TK75 2: Olight M22 3: Eagletac GX25A3

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
On either end of the spectrum - Nitecore TM26 and Fenix TK75 for outdoor use. Sunwayman C20C and Zebralight SC52 for indoor use and EDC purposes. I'm also eying the Nitecore SRT7, it has red, green, and blue LEDs, and infinitely variable output up to 960 lumens. I've been very impressed with Nitecore lately, flawless machining, smooth threads, feature packed, good mode spacing, etc.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm really enjoying the Foursevens Preon Penlight.

I have a number of 1xAA/14500s EDCs that are brighter, dimmer, and with longer runtimes, but there's just something about this light's beam and form factor that I love. Also like freeing up my overcrowded pants pocket for a usually empty shirt pocket.

Z-Tab

Enlightened
2013 has been a great year for custom flashlights so far. The Malkoff MDC, Malkoff M361, Aeon Mk II, Nautilus Mk. II, Ronac and Fivemega's copper 6P parts, Tain's Flute, TnC MicroLux and UltraLux, and McGizmo AA are among the exciting new lights that are out there already. More to come like the AAA Quick Release from Darksucks, the Spy 007 XM-L2, and Mattaus's Hyperion (???) should keep this year very interesting.

Tough to pick a favorite from what's already out and it's only going to get harder with the lights that are on the way.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
It's the same two I've been using for a very long time; Surefire 6P or E2e only now they have Malkoff and nailbender LEDs.

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it is the two I use the often and that would be the Eagletac G25C2 MKll and the Nitecore TM26. The complement my Eagletac D25LC2 and all run on Eagletac 3400 mAh batteries.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite light for 2013 is my TX25C2 XM-L2.

The light I would grab is the Rofis TR51

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak El Capitan Ultra X. Mine is brass, made in USA, and unbelievably bright for something so small. Infinitely variable beam too, so I can look under the couch for my misplaced phone or light up my backyard, as dim or bright as I need it to be :thumbsup:

Wow, and a high CRI option. (strokes chin) I really like my E11 but still...

What's the UI on that? Twist the head? (web site is abysmal)

My favorite light that I've purchased this year is a tie between the Fenix E11 and Fenix TK41 U2 but I don't think either were introduced in 2013 so I guess neither one counts. (unless you count the U2 upgrade to the TK41 as a new light.) Both are great in their own way although I do wish that the TK41 shipped with the accessory diffuser thing so you could use it as a lantern. Yes, I've got one on order - it's bright enough to light up a room well. On Turbo, you don't even notice the power is out :) The E11 I like because it can live on a carabiner with my keys and I've already used it several times where it really helped out and I wouldn't otherwise have had a light handy (e.g. inspecting brake pads on a car)

Last edited:

msim

Enlightened
My Vinh XP-G2 4000K 3a L-M-H drop in a Solarforce L2M (single cell) with the RPM tailcap and my Oveready H3N XP-G2 triple L-M-H in a bored 6P are my two all out favorites this year. The Vinh drop in is one hell of a thrower and the Oveready triple is one bright floody beam that still has respectable throw.

With the versatility of the P60 format I don't see ever buying a non-P60 based light unless I need something smaller or something much bigger. In the 1x18350 or 1x18650 size range, there's nothing more versatile or future proof.

Latest posts