Nitecore Explorer (EC2) won't leave lockout mode

xerber

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I have been a long time reader (lurcher?) of the forums, but decided to create a profile after running into some problems with the Nitecore EC2 that I gifted my brother in law.

I gave my brother in law an EC2 for his birthday. After removing the gift wrap from the box, he went about trying the various modes on the flashlight. It performed great, until he eventually tried lockout mode. The flashlight refused to go out of lockout mode afterwards.

It won't turn on anymore, no matter what button(s) we push and how long we push them. We attempted removing the batteries a couple of times and tried leaving the batteries out for a while hoping that it would reset. Nothing has worked so far.

Is there a special trick to resetting the Nitecore Explorer series? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With kind regards,
Dan

Patriot

Flashaholic
Welcome to joining in Dan!

No real trick to it. Just hold the on/off button for 2-3 seconds and it will turn back on. If it doesn't try another 18650 or two CR123's. If you've still got nothing, it's probably on the fritz and will have to go back to your dealer for replacement.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes new batteries are not as good as they are expected to be. As Patriot says before worrying I would try with a new set. BTW welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Rexlion

Enlightened
If you've made sure the cells are good and held the switch down long enough, and it still won't fire up, send it back.

xerber

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions and warm welcome, everyone. :)

I measured the cells and they both measured at 3.14 Volts. That should be sufficient, right?

I'll contact the dealer where I bought the EC2. I've always had positive experiences with my Fenix flashlights, so I'll see if I can exchange it for a Fenix.

Thanks again for all your input. :thumbsup:

Dan