My current lights...and my next lights...once I save.

raptechnician

Newly Enlightened
My current lights and my next lights...or at least the ones I have in mind once I save a bit of cash.
I only have 6 lights right now. The Olight s35, 4sevens mini 123, 3 Quarks and a Novatac Storm (Man I hate that thing...Amazing switch and interface, but poor reliability and the most unusable angry blue tint ever).

The Olight s35 is a decent light. The emitter tint is really green compared to my Quarks. The battery carrier will be hard and expensive to replace.

I love my Quarks :) ...But the spare boot kit is still out of stock on their website :(

My Gf has the Olight TC15 ss. She loves it...I like it...I like the stainless steel, but cant stand that low, high, strobe interface.

So, Ive done some research and come up with

Fenix TK41 , 8 AA's ...I like that...and everybody seems to like this light.

Zebralight. I was thinking the SC50 (1 AA) but I think I just want anything Zebralight. Looks like an amazing manufacturer and all of their lights look amazing. I love how they offer different tints...but pretty much everything is out of stock on their website.:(

4Sevens the new preon 2 penlight looks pretty cool, plus I have a bunch of aaa eneloops that I need to use, and no aaa light.

One of those ultrafire ebay cheapies...I want to try one and maybe take it apart or something.

Im kind of in aa battery mode right now.

Any thoughts or suggestions.?

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Kemp

Newly Enlightened
Not exactly related, but I was stuck on 2xAA for the longest time as well, so I decided to EDC my 6D mag for a week straight full of batteries. Got alot of strange looks from people, but now 2x18650 lights feel perfect to EDC :D

Showmethelight

Newly Enlightened
Not exactly related, but I was stuck on 2xAA for the longest time as well, so I decided to EDC my 6D mag for a week straight full of batteries. Got alot of strange looks from people, but now 2x18650 lights feel perfect to EDC :D

You carried a 20" long and, what, 8 lb+ flashlight everywhere you went, including during the day, for an entire week?

Kemp

Newly Enlightened
Sure did, and my knee hurt for 3 weeks after it. But now, most of the lights that most people on here wouldn't EDC feel right at home in my pocket or on my belt!

Showmethelight

Newly Enlightened
I find that pretty funny, here is my 6D ROP next to my two EDC's.

http://imgur.com/KQEBEUF

having trouble inserting the picture for some reason but that is a link to it.
How did you carry that with you for a week? Out in your hand, on a belt loop? Did you go shopping or to a restaurant at any point with it? Lol

Last edited:

Kemp

Newly Enlightened
2 holsters, first one broke by day 2. Went to Walmart once and got dirty looks the whole time, and my boss laughed at me all week and called me Hans solo.. Lol

Showmethelight

Newly Enlightened
Funny stuff, sure is one big heavy light, though I do really like my ROP in 6D form, especially with the red LED tail cap if for some reason I needed it without blinding power, which having the amount of lights I now have is never, but oh well.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's just my opinion, but you asked for suggestions. You own 4 4Sevens and an Olight which can have quite a bit of a greenish tint. You mention interest in Zebralight SC52 and Fenix TK41, both of which also can have a bit of a greenish tint. Not all manufacturers use the same XML emitter bins. I find that Eagletac and Nitecore Cool White LEDs have a decent whitish tint. In my opinion.

Eagletac GX25A3 900 lumens with 3AA batteries

Nitecore EA4 800 lumens with 4AA batteries

Eagletac D25 series