momentary-off-momentary toggle switch

pyro1son

Newly Enlightened
Was looking at doing a Maglite mod with White and Red LED's but i want to be able to control them independently. I haven't been able to find any drivers that will do:
Red (Med) - Red (High) - White (Low) - White (Med) - White (High)

So instead I was thinking two different drivers where I could move through the modes with the different momentary modes of the switch e.g. up moves through the modes for the Red LED's and bottom momentary mode moves through the modes for the White LED's

I'm looking for:
Would this work?
What drivers should I use?
Any other input!

Thanks

nickelflipper

Newly Enlightened
Was looking at doing a Maglite mod with White and Red LED's but i want to be able to control them independently. I haven't been able to find any drivers that will do:
Red (Med) - Red (High) - White (Low) - White (Med) - White (High)

So instead I was thinking two different drivers where I could move through the modes with the different momentary modes of the switch e.g. up moves through the modes for the Red LED's and bottom momentary mode moves through the modes for the White LED's

I'm looking for:
Would this work?
What drivers should I use?
Any other input!

Thanks
What emitters are going to be used? How many of each? What drive currents will be involved? What type of batteries will be used?, and what cell configuration 1, 2S, 3S etc.? Is a momentary switch going to used, in addition to the Mag side switch? Or, is just the stock switch preferable?

pyro1son

Newly Enlightened
4 Nichia 219 emitters @ 1.4A, 3 Red XR-E emitters @ 1.4A. Powered buy 2 18650 in series. The momentary will replace the Mag switch.

Thanks

nickelflipper

Newly Enlightened
4 Nichia 219 emitters @ 1.4A, 3 Red XR-E emitters @ 1.4A. Powered buy 2 18650 in series. The momentary will replace the Mag switch.

Thanks
I thought I had a single master, multi-channel slave (4x1A) linear regulator solution, but that will not easily work for your configuration. It would best work for a single 26650 in a dual slave board configuration; That could be 5x1A (white) and 3x1A (red).

With a single mom-off-mom switch there will be a parasitic drain situation, given the dual unspecified boards (micros) always powered on. That type of switch is going to be a little awkward to operate over say a single mag switch controlling a single master.

No red in XR-E. XP-E red is 700ma rated, XB-D red is 1000ma rated, XT-E red someday @ 1500ma?

pyro1son

Newly Enlightened
Probably go XP-E then.

Found the LFLEX drivers which i thought might work.

This is looking more complicated that i originally thought!