ArmyTek        

Thread: Olight S35 battery carrier issues.

Default Olight S35 battery carrier issues.

Hey guys...

I like my S35...other than the green tint and the crappy battery carrier. I knew the carrier was the first thing that was going to go on this light. I probably dropped the light 5 times and now the carrier is in two pieces. The plastic in the carrier had micro cracks in it since day one and that made me nervous.

It doesnt seem like this is a very popular light for people here. I know the carrier will be expensive and a pain in the ... to replace.
    Looks like crazy glue is my only option ...and thats weak.

Does anybody even have this light? Does yours have a green tint? and hows the carrier holding up?

The carrier for the S65 looks even more flimsy and prone to breaking.

Has anyone had to replace one yet on either the S35 or S65?
    Any issues...or worries?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Olight S35 battery carrier issues.

I am unable to look at my copy of the S35 - on the other side of the Pond - but when first I saw the S35 battery carrier, I realized that it will probably be a problem. Although I have not had any problems with my S35 - good tint, fully functional - I am quite careful about removing the cells from the carrier. Hitting battery carrier against your hand to pop out the cells seems like asking for trouble. The cells are difficult to remove without some sort of a prying tool. I use the "handle" of a nail clippers to pry out the cells - blunt/wide, safe for the cells - effective for that task. Would I purchase another S35? no. If I needed another 3-4 cell AA light, I strongly prefer the EA4, of which I have all 3 variants.

Default Re: Olight S35 battery carrier issues.

thanks for the reply. So, I took a few days to procrastinate, then ended up pulling out the crazy glue to fix my broken carrier. I wasnt shy with it. I let it harden and got 400 grit sandpaper and cleaned it up a bit. It actually worked very good. Now it actually feels more solid, so not a bad fixing job.

I did research the EA4 though, and I thought I really liked it...
    Read the Selfbuilt review...and found out about the very high stand-by current drain...and lack of unscrew tailcap = lockout. Just a couple things for me to look further into.