Replacement Clip for ITP EOS A3?

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks,

Help! The pocket clip on my ITP EOS A3 has finally caught on something and broken. Can anybody advise of a source of replacements please? Looks as though the UK stockists have all sold out of the black torches. Probably silly getting so attached to a cheap AAA but this has been my EDC for a few years now.

I did notice that Fenix sells a clip for the LD01. Would this fit the A3?

I'd also be happy to look at a custom clip if anybody could help (will post a specific request on the modders forum).

If I can't replace the clip I might have to look for a replacement torch. What is the best alternative to the ITP in a single AAA torch at the moment please?

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

Ishango

Enlightened
I don't know about the clip replacement. The LD01 clip might fit, they are about the same size. I don't have the lights near atm so I can't try it out now.

The Olight i3 is the successor of the iTP EOS A3 and would be a nice replacement for it. The clip on the i3 also is quite a bit sturdier. The A3 clip is not the best clip I've seen on my lights.

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
From looking at Olight's site there appear to be 2 versions of the i3, the plain i3 has a clip screwed to the body, whereas the the i3S has a detachable clip. I know what you mean about the A3 clip but I find it extremely useful to be able to reverse the clip and attach the light to the brim of a baseball cap. I'd be happy to spend a few bucks on a supply of spare clips as the little A3 is my favourite torch for EDC.

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
I've been in touch with Olight directly and they're trying to help out via the UK distributor (not sure who that is?). Getting fast responses and they seem keen to help, very impressed so far. Will post an update later. Thanks Olight!

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey man, any respecting flashaholic would probably suggest that this is a great excuse to go out and buy yourself a brand new Olight i3S EOS with an XP-G2 emitter and retire your old ITP as a spare! :)

Seriously though, if you have no luck getting a replacement from Olight, you could use or modify if necessary a DIY one from an old ball point pen. In fact, you can even buy them on eBay at a modest price like the ones in this photo. (search eBay for "ball point pen clip") I used a similar one on a Tank 007 AAA light that didn't come with a clip and it works great.

ZdaPeRz.jpg

EKOg5C3.jpg

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see that CN Quality Goods is selling a stainless steel clip for their DQG AAA for $1.50 USD. This would probably work fine on an ITP EOS A3 and probably other AAA lights as well.

jEXJ13F.jpg

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Ezo, I just ordered a few. Will post results in case it helps anybody else.

Cheers

Dave

Dave Huck

Newly Enlightened
Just a quick update.... I received the clips from CN QG in just over a week (I'm in UK) and they are exactly as shown in the photo above. Definitely a much sturdier build than the itp/Olight version, steel vs alloy and they fit the Eos A3 perfectly. I'm very happy with the results, thanks once again Ezo!

As for Olight.... I've been emailing them (and their local distributors) since May. Olight themselves were reasonably quick to respond but always deferred me to the local agents (Deben for the UK), I emailed Olight for the last time last weekend, only to inform them that their UK agent still hadn't responded to my queries. Really unimpressed with the service, I've been offering to pay for the damn clips since May!

To conclude, if you need a replacement clip for your A3 eos CN Quality Goods is the way to go.

HTH

Dave