LSH-P in hot zones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,
I'm back from a 1 1/2 month trip to the Middle East. I posted about my trip right before I left. I ordered an LSH-P and a AAA-P from Peter right before I left. Well, first of all, I can "maybe" just maybe claim that I took ARC flashlights for the first time to the hot zones of the world. Yes my friends these ARC wonders have been to Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan. The performance? flawless, I used them on a daily basis. I took one pack of 5x 123's but only used 2 of them, as a precaution i had a AA tail swich with me but never got to use it. I even used it to fool the Iranian authority pretending it was a flash from my camera, when they started buging us at the border. I used it to repair a car, fix 3 flat tires, in the moutain, oh yes, to warm my hands in the cold of the Iranian mountains. Hey Peter, if in the near future bunch of our boys in uniform order your products I want my commissions ( just kidding)
Seriously, this is one tough cookie. On the list of my favorite inventors are Pietro Beretta, Ugene Stoner and now Peter Gransee.Even here @ home a custom agent stopped me and asked for Arc's web address after i told him about the lights.
Anyways, it's great to be back home and I hope all our boys and girls do so in the near future.
Happy holidays to all.
Ardy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are welcome! Thanks for telling us about your trip! I love hearing about how the light was used in practical situations.

I wouldn't mind hearing more about your trip... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Welcome back Ardy!! Thanks for doing what you had to do and glad you had a quality torch with you!

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Ardy,

I have a family member headed to a hot zone soon. When I've mentioned (and shown) lights like this to him, he's said that the white LEDs are frowned upon, because they draw too much attention (too bright), and the colored ones such as red, green, and blue are preferred. I've already given him an EternaLight Ergo3Marine, and he does really like that, but I'm not sure he takes it on maneuvers.

Can you comment on the color issue, please? I'd like to provide him with something to help him while he's over there, but it's only helpful if he'll use it.

I do have a cyan LS (first run #788, looks much more green than turquoise) I could give him, and I might be able to get my hands on a blue LS (first run #856, light blue color, not royal blue) instead.

Please reply, and give explanations.

d_clark

Newly Enlightened
Might want to look for a thread started by Solo73 (titled Patrolling in Iraq..). Solo73 is currently in Iraq, is using a white indacasent light. Could ask what color would be best, but I got the impression that everyone was using white lights.

Ardy

Newly Enlightened
Cyclo,
I used the light on a regular basis, you have to realize that the LSH-P is for near to medium range use and for me it was perfect. Beside, unless you family member is in a special forces unit (Recon, seal, etc...) we always made our presence known (psychological intimidation) so the more light the better. I had no problem with using a bright white LED, if your family member is in our armed forces he/she has been trained and would know when and where to use/not use the light. So, get him/her the light and don't worry about.Oh yes, wish him/her good and safe journey.
Ardy

Status
Not open for further replies.