Flashaholic's Question Stumped Me :(

Tiresius

Enlightened
Today, I dropped by the firearm store to buy some pellets for my BB-gun. I saw that the gentleman had a lot of Surefire lights. I personally liked his empty 6P in the silver-ish anodize color. After all was said and done, he asked me, "Where's my flashlight?"

I reached to my keys and expected my preon 0 to be there but I have forgotten that someone else has it. I had no light to show him besides the custom work I had done on my lights. Aside from the shame of not having a light there to show him, I was surprised that there are a few more folks that I have no met who enjoy and appreciate a quality light.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a punishment, you're to edc 10 lights on your person for the next 3 months. :whoopin:

Rexlion

Enlightened
No light on your person? Oh, the horror! The humiliation! And you call yourself a flashaholic.....tsk tsk. :devil:

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
Be careful man, bad things happen when you least expect it. I've carried a knife every single day since I graduated high school in 2004, 2 days ago I forgot it for the first time in years and there was (literally) a life and death situation I needed it for, THANKFULLY I was able to get to another knife in just a few seconds but I reached for my pocket and there was no knife and I will never forget that feeling.

When i walked in the door I found my dog had trapped her leg in the window blinds string's and she was trapped upside down while my other dog tried to kill her (literally tried to kill her, not just a argument, its not the first time those 2 have fought and gotten very hurt) not to mention the string almost took her leg off. idk how long she was trapped but there was about a qt of blood on the floor and the wall and she had given up, she wasn't even crying anymore, had poop herself and wasn't moving at all, thankfully my knife I forgot was 3 steps away. I know those 5 seconds wouldn't have made any difference in the grand scheme of things but I will NEVER forget my knife again. (I had my EDC light and my big FAK on me tho)

it took 2 hours to stop the bleeding and she's in very bad shape but she'll make it thankfully.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
No lights on you. Please say it's not so. I must be in an evil parallel universe.:banghead:

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Damn.

1 = 0

2 = 1

.....but ZERO TO START WITH?!?!?!?!?!?!?

One more incidence like this Matt, and we might have to revoke your Flashaholic License!

:D

Tiresius

Enlightened
I went as far as to add an EDC in my backpack on a road bicycle ride today. The extra weight was not necessary but it feels like a part of me. 32.5 miles going up and down was quite a feat for my unhealthy condition.

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
Can someone reset the OP's post count to 0? He needs to be punished.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Glad the dog is fine!!! I guess that is kind of overlooked in all previous posts ;)

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pitiful excuse of a flashaholic you are
icon10.gif
. You should never loan a light and not get it back, especially if its the only one you carry :shakehead. There is a reason why I made a kydex holster that carries both my Esee Izula and EA4, I don't leave home without either one. I'd hate to have my Flashaholic's license revoked or need one of em and they not be there. Glad to here you're dog will be ok, couldn't imagine having that feeling.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
Be careful man, bad things happen when you least expect it. I've carried a knife every single day since I graduated high school in 2004, 2 days ago I forgot it for the first time in years and there was (literally) a life and death situation I needed it for, THANKFULLY I was able to get to another knife in just a few seconds but I reached for my pocket and there was no knife and I will never forget that feeling.

When i walked in the door I found my dog had trapped her leg in the window blinds string's and she was trapped upside down while my other dog tried to kill her (literally tried to kill her, not just a argument, its not the first time those 2 have fought and gotten very hurt) not to mention the string almost took her leg off. idk how long she was trapped but there was about a qt of blood on the floor and the wall and she had given up, she wasn't even crying anymore, had poop herself and wasn't moving at all, thankfully my knife I forgot was 3 steps away. I know those 5 seconds wouldn't have made any difference in the grand scheme of things but I will NEVER forget my knife again. (I had my EDC light and my big FAK on me tho)

it took 2 hours to stop the bleeding and she's in very bad shape but she'll make it thankfully.

Glad your dog will be okay. They become part of the family.

I will never understand why some people view the carrying of a knife as somehow evil. They are lifesaving tools, whether it is a dog caught in the cord for the blinds, a kid with a shoelace caught in a n escalator, a kid with his bathing suit caught in a swimming pool ladder underwater (yes, that has happened to someone on another forum), someone trapped by a seat belt after a car accident, etc.

Your knife, flashlight, mobile phone, first aid supplies, and where legal a firearm should rarely if ever be out of reach.

LightCrazy

Enlightened
Cereal killer, I just saw your post about no knife and finding your dog in distress. Our pup is at the vet right now for its first checkup. We rescued it, and this is its first vet visit. I hope your dog is doing OK. I almost always have a knife and light on me. If I leave the house, I have a gun on as well. Hope all is well. Karl.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not like this thread. It hurts my head to think how you can't have a flashlight on you. How can you lend a light to someone and not replace it, however temporary, with another light?

This does not make sense and I feel nauseous thinking about it.