problem with my fenix pd32 ue

Tyler A

Newly Enlightened
I just got the light a couple of weeks ago have only carried it in my pocket 2-3 days and the rest of the time it was been sitting on my desk. I cut it on tonight to take out the trash and it is flickering in its first 2 brightness settings. The other three are not doing it at all and the lowest setting is the worst. Any ideas? This sucks, I really thought fenix was decent stuff from my first impression

Jeff E.

Newly Enlightened
Did you try swapping out the batteries? Fenix does indeed make great stuff, but every company produces some defective units once in a while.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also not sure whether this would help fix these particular symptoms, but it's worth making sure the metal ring in the tailcap is screwed in the whole way. They can come loose and cause problems.

Tyler A

Newly Enlightened
Switched the batteries out and checked the ring in the tail cap it was tight and the batteries made no difference. How is fenix about customer service?

LiteHead

Newly Enlightened
If you bought it only 2 weeks ago, don't go through Fenix, return it to your dealer for another. Any decent dealer will do the exchange.
Don't be put off by this problem, my PD32UE has given me no problems and I use it daily as EDC for several months.

Tyler A

Newly Enlightened
If you bought it only 2 weeks ago, don't go through Fenix, return it to your dealer for another. Any decent dealer will do the exchange.
Don't be put off by this problem, my PD32UE has given me no problems and I use it daily as EDC for several months.

Since it worked properly out of the box I personally feel the burden is on fenix to fix it not the dealer

Mark Mc

Newly Enlightened
Hello Tyler A, My PD32 UE had a similar problem after abuot two weeks of carrying it. The problem in my case was that the head end of the flashlight had become slightly loose. I tightened it up and the problem stopped. I then cleaned all the contact points and it has been trouble free since. I hope this helps with your problem.

Tyler A

Newly Enlightened
I have sent the dealer an email inquiry so I guess we will see how it goes

Flashlight Dave

Enlightened
Mine did something like that a couple of days ago. It worked on the lower settings but would not go into the higher settings. When I clicked it into the higher settings it flickered and went back to low. I charged the battery but it kept doing it. I cycled through several times and it seemed to fix it self. Seems that the electronics needed some juice or something. It works fine now.

Tyler A

Newly Enlightened
Mine did something like that a couple of days ago. It worked on the lower settings but would not go into the higher settings. When I clicked it into the higher settings it flickered and went back to low. I charged the b
attery but it kept doing it. I cycled through several times and it seemed to fix it self. Seems that the electronics needed some juice or something. It works fine now.
I'll try this, can't hurt

Tyler A

Newly Enlightened
Tried all the suggestions above to no avail. LA police gear said to send it back and they will take care of it.