Onyx topped Pub table Custom Built Under-Light Fixture Wanted

BVH

Flashaholic
I will soon have a green Onyx (3/4" thick) top for the Pub Table pictured below. 6" below the table top surface, is an 8.25" "square'ish" void formed by curved structural bars. This is where I'd like to set a portable (Battery Operated) LED fixture pointing up to illuminate the Onyx from below. There lots of details to be worked out and I need to make some scaled drawings but I'm looking for a builder who can make some type of a light duty sheet metal fixture containing an array of somewhat "flood" oriented LEDs. I'm just guessing each LED in the array should be producing 200 or more Lumens and they should be dimmable. The LED's should be recessed a little below the top surface of the fixture so that the light sources cannot be seen from the side of the table. Beyond that, it's really just a sheet metal box containing the LED's, drivers, heat sinks and some space for 2, 3 or 4 ea., 3S, 4S, 5S or 6S, 5 AH LiFeP04 hobby battery packs and an off/On/Dimmer switch. I could make the heat sinks with my lathe if given the specs. Or could the LEDs just be affixed to a 3/8" or 1/2" thick, 8" square piece of AL? I don't know if reflectors would be needed or not. Basically, I'd like the light to be able to spread out to a final diameter of 28" with the source beginning 6" lower and the source can be an array of LED's up to about 8" square or round. Each LED could also be mounted slightly pointing towards the outer diameter to help reach the OD.

Last edited:

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you tested the Onyx to see how well it passes light?