Surefire KX4 lens replacement

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
I just picked up a G2L with the KX4 head for dirt cheap that has a broken glass lens. My question was has anyone on here replaced the lens? I need to know the exact size of the glass because I tried a lens from a C2, but it was too thick and the retaining ring wouldn't even thread on.

Thanks!

P.S. I will call Surefire tomorrow to ask if they can sent me a new head, but I'd rather spend a dollar or two on a lens that I can replace myself then pay for shipping and wait a couple weeks

Last edited:

Showmethelight

Newly Enlightened
Do you have the original? When I've had lens' break I leave them in place and duct tape over the break so I can remove them in a mostly factory size form and measure diameter and thickness best I can. I've found searches on the Chinese sites with "glass lens" so and so mm to work out very well, often 2-3$ for one, or even under $6 for ten.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd contact Surefire. The bezel ring of the KX4 head is different from the bezel rings of the Z44 Head bezel rings that you can buy. Therefore the lens is smaller than the Z44 head lens.

At all it is a little "tricky" to remove the bezel ring. At least it was tricks at my KX4 head. I had to warm up the head and than I was able to remove the bezel ring. You need some rubber or something similar, you are pressing the head on an than you rotate the head during pressing. It may be possible to do this several times. For me the little "noses" in the ring were too tiny to make an own selfmade removal tool.

BillSWPA

Enlightened
I'd contact Surefire. The bezel ring of the KX4 head is different from the bezel rings of the Z44 Head bezel rings that you can buy. Therefore the lens is smaller than the Z44 head lens.

At all it is a little "tricky" to remove the bezel ring. At least it was tricks at my KX4 head. I had to warm up the head and than I was able to remove the bezel ring. You need some rubber or something similar, you are pressing the head on an than you rotate the head during pressing. It may be possible to do this several times. For me the little "noses" in the ring were too tiny to make an own selfmade removal tool.

This.

When I broke the lens on my E2DL, Surefire indicated that the lens was not user servicable, and replaced it under warranty.

Latest posts