$120 vs. $100

D

**DONOTDELETE**

okay, sorry to be sounding a indecisive. but those of you that already read my other two threads would know what I'm talking about. I found a online dealer that will sell me the SureFire 8AX H.A. for $120(shipping included, which a special deal that the guy gave me). This same site is also advertising a Ultra-Stinger for $75 with the DC charger, plus about $10 for shipping. Now to equalize things I've added other $24 for a second Ni-Cad battery stick which brings the total to about $109. so the bottom line is: Between $120 for the SureFire and $109 for the Ultra-Stinger, which one do I choose? I've already read up on the comparison between the 8AX to the Ultra-Stinger in this forum. And I already have one "premium flashlight", the Stinger XT. This will be the second and last one I will buy. I hope that this second buy will be for a improvement over the first (not that the Stinger XT is not a great light). At around $100 a pop, this can get to be a very expensive hobby. So if you would all place yourself in my shoes for a second and ask yourself this question: Taking into account of the information I just gave, which one would you choose? Which one???

By the way, the dealer asked me not to disclose identity for the special price he is offering me for the SureFire 8AX. And yes, I confirmed that it's a kit with 2 batteries and the rapid charger. thanks for your patiences all.
rolleyes.gif

kb0rrg

Enlightened
What do you want the new light to do that the stinger XT can't??? From what I remember, the Ultra stinger looks a lot longer than the 8X. Is this true?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, the Ultra-Stinger measures in at 11.75 inches, while the 8AX is 6.9 inches. And as far was for use: I do theater production so it's will be my eyes when I'm down in the "dungeon" or up in bridge or the gridwalk. Bridge is about 30 from the floor, and the grid is about 110 ft. from the ground. Yes, it's one of those old theater houses constructed in the early 1900's. My stinger-XT is great and but buying a good flashlight is like eating a lay's chip "you just can't have one". Well, I'm hoping not to have more than two at this price!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

oh, yeah, just as you imagine, there's no lights in the "dungeon", or the grid because these are not places where "regular" people go to or work in. The bridge has adequate light, just barely.