Any thoughts on this item? (hint: post reply)

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thought is :

NO!!!

It is just going to irritate whoever you shoot with it and probably require a proctologist on your trip to the emergency room too.

Sorry. You would probably be much better off without it.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it come with running shoes? If it should just **** off whoever you just shot, that proctology exam will be taking place a lot earlier that desired.I feel that if self defense is needed then use something guaranteed to defend you. A non leathal weapon is like almost being a meat product, the real thing is a better choice.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
It probally has some advantage over mace, but I would HIGHLY suggest reading a review of it somewhere before trusting it for anything important.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
when you're pointing it at them, just say it's a flare gun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
A potential attacker may think it's a real gun and shoot first. And if you have it in your posession and get pulled over when driving, I see nothing but headaches. Mace (or pepper spray) would be a safer alternative, I think. Maybe a tazer would be another choice to consider before a gun. My vote: NO.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
yeah if some idiot high on crack was the atacker.that wouldnt even phaze him .{i spelled that way wrong}

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Last year one of our SWAT Teams had to use such a device on a man wearing a full business suit. We are trained to aim center-mass in such situations (less likelihood of missing completely in real-world high-stress tactical situations, it's almost never a surgically precise shot opportunity like you see on TV) and the rubber bullet ricocheted upwards off his chest and completely shattered all of his front teeth, top and bottom. Of course he had no lips left.

If the rounds this device uses are the same, needless to say it could prove fatal if fired at the wrong area of the body.

Be careful and know what you are doing, Trevor. Misuse of this weapon in a situation that is later deemed by a court of law to be an unjustifiable deployment, could very well get you charged for murder or at best, attempt thereof depending upon the victim's final condition (or resting place!).

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gumby and Pokey wouldn't stand a chance.

But seriously, load one or two of those rubber rounds in your regular shotgun, backed up with whatever you feel would be appropriate lethal rounds. Give the bad guys a chance to pick up their teeth and stop what they are doing or get shot for real. Might not be a bad way to go. But a single shot weapon .... maybe not so good.

Mike

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
No doubt that having this "pistol" on your person would be "carring a concealed weapon". At least with OC, in front of a judge you can honestly say that you sprayed the perp with a non-toxic food derivative.