Just bought a 3 cell (CR123) ELZETTA , should I be scared ??

HK45

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a 3 cell (CR123'S) Elzetta flash light for home and work , but after reading post on this forum about how batteries can blow up I'm wondering if I should cancel my order and only use one cell flashlights ? You guys are the experts , I'm don't have a clue. What would you do ?????

Redhat703

Enlightened
As long as you don't mix the batteries up (partial used and new ..), you'll be fine.

Knight_Light

Enlightened
Just bought a 3 cell (CR123'S) Elzetta flash light for home and work , but after reading post on this forum about how batteries can blow up I'm wondering if I should cancel my order and only use one cell flashlights ? You guys are the experts , I'm don't have a clue. What would you do ?????
Just get good quality primary cells and you will be fine.

HK45

Newly Enlightened
Are two cell CR123 flashlights safer than three cell CR123 flashlights ?

stevieo

Newly Enlightened
i bought a surefire d3 defender (3x cr123) when it hit the market. I changed to an led drop-in (rated up to 16 volts) about a year ago & use 3x rcr123's (16340's) of the same brand & same matching voltage & no problem.

Last edited:

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
That may be a bit misleading. It's not that there's something inherently more dangerous about the particular combination of three cells that makes it more dangerous. It's just that you're increasing your probability of something bad happening by introducing an additional cell. More parts = more complexity = greater chance of something failing.

In general you really shouldn't worry about this. The light is made to use three cells for a reason. In fact, the Elzetta hosts are made for primaries. As other have said, I buy good batteries and you'll never have a problem.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2