Need your help to make this ecig body work ...

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
The reason for asking is, and I note: I hate learning curves, cause that curve can be costly!

I have four packs of Camel's left, and I was thinking about switching to the ecig. So I figure I'd ask if you can help me with the extra stuff I'll need (keeping me in the right direction) if I purchase a Sigelei Zmax Telescop (but as you'll see) comes only with the body. I like the fact that it'll run on a 18350 or 18650 which I have more then a lot of that power sources on hand! .... :ohgeez:

http://www.varitube.com/Authentic-Sigelei-Zmax-Telescope-Body-Only_p_70.html
or may be this one ...

http://www.vaporkings.com/Innokin-SVD-and-MVP-s/3779.htm

Thanks!

PS I tried the patch once, and not sure if it was that particular brand or not, but the dang thing irritated the skin!

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Anyone switched to ecig?

Got the info from a youtube review! So, I guess I'm good to go!

Thanks!

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

I quit smoking menthols last August 30, and with zero ecig knowledge I ordered an Ego-T kit(called Tornado tank) from Totally Wicked, then 2 days later, before I even received it, I read that most people end up switching to variable voltage type ecigs anyway, so I went ahead and ordered the Torpedo VVV from Totally Wicked as well...

turns out that the Ego t was just fine as a starter kit and I used it for about 30 days. Then I switched to the Torpedo VVV because the Ego t just wasn't giving very strong hits. Their Torpedo VVV is really just a Lava Tube under a different name.

The Ego C would have been a better choice than the Ego t, as it was the newer generation of the Ego platform, but a variable voltage unit is better. However, what you can do is buy an Ego C starter kit for $60 or so, from just about any dealer, although some dealers sell them labelled under a different name, such as Totally wicked who call the Ego C the Torpedo C and they call the Ego T the Torpedo Tank, which is what I started with. But you can buy an Ego starter kit anywhere, just make sure it's actually made by Joye tech. At the same time, order an Ego Twist 1100 mah battery unit as well for $26 or so, which is a variable voltage unit to back up your Ego C. It can be charged with the charger that comes in the Ego C starter kit.

then you'll need e liquid, and it can be difficult to find a flavor you like as it is VERY subjective. I'd start out with Totally Wicked's original brand eliquid in tobacco flavor(plain tobacco), as most other tobacco flavors like "American Red" have 'other' added flavors like caramel or chocolate or some other candy flavor that you might not like at first. Also, you have to choose a nicotine level, and I'd start with 11mg to 18mg. They sell it at 24 and 36mg strength as well, but that's probably overkill. Buy a 30ml bottle, which should last at least 2-3 weeks.

That will get you started out but later you could try a clearomizer or cartomizers, and an 18650 type variable voltage unit if needed.

Good luck

Last edited:

SteveoMiami

Newly Enlightened

Be careful with using your current 18650 batteries, only use the IMR ones, especially with something powerful like the Zmax. If you havnt ordered it already I would suggest ordering the SMOK Zmax version 2 from somewhere like Madvapes. As far as the liquid goes fuzionvapor has awesome E-juice and its handmade in the states.

Bumble

Enlightened
CPF vapers

Hi everyone hope your keeping well. so do many of you use e-cigs/vapers ? ive just purchased a "vamo" variable watts/volts vaping mod. i must say i am pretty impressed with it overall :) good price on ***** for this as well . im using panasonic cgr18650ch batteries which seem to last well.. also using some standard single core ce4 with dekang mint liquid. i thought maybe a thread could prove usefull to pass info to one another on different products etc :)

Last edited by a moderator:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: CPF vapers

It's been a couple of weeks now, and I still have the urge for a analog (been smoking since I was 16 or so years old. Yeah, long time smoker). However, eCig's are a cleaner delivery process (?), as well as it's been working well for me. As you can see, NO MORE CIG BUTTS and ASHES!

I found a small local eCig shop only a mile or so to where I'm presently located. I stopped in to see what products they had, and to ask a few questions. The owner, very cool guy (although he had the costlier 18650 brand atomizer) suggested (since I'm new to eCig's) that (as mentioned) I save some cash and purchase the single output / voltage (?) eGo kit. To see if I liked the eCig thing, after which, I could purchase the more expensive model. However, he'd thought if I liked vaporizing / the basic kit. The E-Twist or variants of the adjustable voltage output models would work fine.

I appreciated his advise and purchased the basic (I think it was the 1100mah battery) eGo kit, and as he suggested a bottle of USA Mix 24mg, as well as a few re-build kits.

I stopped in last week to ask him a few question. While there (since he had a sale) per his suggestion, I picked up a bottle of "Johnson Creek" J.C. Original 2.4% and a new vaporizer mouth piece (?).

I found I really like the flavor, so I picked up a few more. As well as a couple of eGo Twist 1100mah batteries.

Like I mentioned, I still have the habit of wanting to pick up an analog. But so far I've been doing pretty well with this eCig vaporizing thing! One thing, when I first started, it sure made me feel like I was in a euphoric state! .... :devil:

So with the initial investment out of the way! If I can keep it up, I'll be saving muchoo bucks after a month or so!

Last edited:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: CPF vapers

DIYing flavors is a way to save some extra bucks. But from what I hear, Johnson's Creek is really good stuff, so you may just want to stick to that. I've got two eGos, and several clearomizers, using replaceable heads. currently, this head is going on almost 2 months, but starting to taste funny. I'll use it up, clean it up, dry burn it clean, and hope the funky flavor goes away. I DIY my own RY4, mainly because I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll never be able to DIY something that tastes awesome, but that it's good 'nuff. Don't plan on vaping the rest of my life...

ego twist isn't half bad. my DIY is fine at lower voltages, so I don't use it as much, but it does offer a set voltage output as opposed to output voltage that follows the voltage of the cell inside.

Your main source of spending will be the replaceable heads and juice. Heads you can sometimes find on sale on the internet. You can also try your hand at cleaning and reusing them. The wick is silica, and should be able to dry burn clean. Someone told me that the little tube of material that the wick/coil assy. goes into to insulate it from the metal case of the head can hold nasty burnt flavors, and that nothing bad will happen if you remove it. I'll test that theory when I replace this head I'm working on now. But, dry burning silica wick does work better than I had expected. the gunk turns to basically ash, and you can rinse and clean out the ash and end up with almost pure white silica rope again.

Last edited: