Your failures / rage that it din't turn on.. etc...

Bacon

Newly Enlightened
Instead of relaxing today, I drove to get arctic silver 5 and some other stuff and started putting in my driver and soldering various things and hot gluing the driver in place... And scred all the parts togather real tight.. drop in the battery, and CLICK! ta-da NOTHING. And now its time for work in a few hours :tired:

The sloppy pos wire that I had to splice and tape is 99% chance of being the culprit. ( In my haste)

Is there anything more infuriating than waiting weeks for parts to ship and than it doesn't illuminate?

[/rant]

----------

LOLOLOLOLOL
The plastic ring I made to make it snug isolated the BATTERY - from the circuit
:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead
Just so this makes google images Ill post a picture of the
[h=1]8xAMC7135 (3.04A) (selectable) Mode Driver[/h]
auf9zb.jpg

I just connected start 3 for 100 30 5
Now the only thing left to epoxy that sucker so the wires don't pop it out!

Last edited:

Stilt

Newly Enlightened
Is there anything more infuriating than waiting weeks for parts to ship and than it doesn't illuminate?

How about waiting for the Wife to "get ready" for a night out.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast

How about waiting for the Wife to "get ready" for a night out.

It's a tie...........You think the "wife getting ready" is fun? Try having a 13 Y/O daughter that has to look just right before we can leave the house. :banghead:

I feel your pain on the project, there have been times that felt like the harder I try to get a mod complete, the further back I got set back.

(my personal) Rule #1: NEVER start a mod just before a planned event, EVER.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

THIS

I've been late for so many things because I had to stay behind and make sure something was completed.

Bacon

Newly Enlightened

Ohh good rule. Or leaving for work driving 100mph and than only thinking about getting that dang thing complete.
I don't want to rush this, but I think ill try JB Weld instead of driving out for thermal epoxy.