Help a noob turn an Incan 2,3 or 6D into a LED.

Turk.919

Newly Enlightened
I have a love affair with LED's after discovering Surefire years ago. I already converted 2 mags I have to ROP but want to do a LED conversion that will push more than 500 Lumens OTF.

I already have the following and all can be donors. (Note, all lights are older with the large bulbs, none have the tiny new incan's)

2D
3D
6D
Aluminum camed reflector
(4) 3AA to D 4.5V battery holders
Ton of Enloop's
Borofloat glass lens
Also have a 2 and 3C mag that can fit 26650's.

Picking up one of the adapters that lets you use newer bulbs in the old mags.

Data:

I do not have access to any milling machines, lathes, or decent hobby shops.
I can kinda solder but have never really built much in the terms of lights.
Batteries are not really an issue as I have access to chargers and just about any battery.
Don't need programmed modes, on and off is fine with me.
Would like to be able to get at least an hour out of it without burning something up.
Don't want a drop-in with 3LED's in it, would kinda like to to have 1 large LED and appear to be stock.
I can order stuff online, links are the best.
Pictures of ones already done are teh sexy. :D
Parts being shipped from/in the US for quickness is nice.

Any Ideas?

Sorry if I have missed any info, I will provide it if asked.

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
Search here for H22A (a member) heatsinks...

if you can solder (and know what parts to solder together to make a basic flashlight) you can build a 600+ lumen thrower for around $50 (plus cost of batteries). I would recommend a 2D build running a PVC pipe spacer for 3C's (the extra battery gives you higher voltage, for better/more driver options).

Hopefully your older mags SN's start with D, cause the old old ones have a different I.D. and H22A's heatsinks don't fit.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can order imo the best from Malkoff. Plug and play with D nimh.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, jayrob in the custom for section of the forum will sell a nice kit set up as well using an xml2.

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
I think you better take their suggestions, building one off an H22A HS is a 100% custom job, sounds like you need a "drop-in", seems like my suggestion is above your head.

Turk.919

Newly Enlightened
I think you better take their suggestions, building one off an H22A HS is a 100% custom job, sounds like you need a "drop-in", seems like my suggestion is above your head.

I don't know if that was meant in sarcasm or not. If It is put together like other LED lights I have assembled/disassembled I should be able to solder it easily. I'm gonna PM Jayrob and see what he can do for me.

Chodes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can order imo the best from Malkoff. Plug and play with D nimh.

Understatement!

Criteria that matches OP's wishes:
Batteries are not really an issue as I have access to chargers and just about any battery.
Don't need programmed modes, on and off is fine with me.
Would like to be able to get at least an hour out of it without burning something up.
Don't want a drop-in with 3LED's in it, would kinda like to to have 1 large LED and appear to be stock.
I can order stuff online, links are the best.
Parts being shipped from/in the US for quickness is nice